Nice to meet you! I'm a AWD Newbie in SaabScoobi.

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Nice to meet you! I'm a AWD Newbie in SaabScoobi.

Post by Sabre »

VERY happy to hear they took good care of you :) Car is looking good!!!!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Yeah, happy car! Looks good.
Carlos is a good guy, eh?
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

BlkSaabaru4Me wrote:Side Note: Debating on whether I'll be cleaning, painting, and then selling the 05' BBS wheels 5x114 (silver- for now) or having them re-drilled to fit my car (5x100). I'm going to talk to some good machinist/wheel guys in the area and see what they think about the cost and feasibility of re-drilling. If anyone is interested in purchasing PM me.
Honestly, unless there is some over-riding reason for wanting the05 BBS wheels I would just sell them and find a set with the correct bolt pattern, an 04 set of BBS perhaps. Yes, they are getting hard to find, but they are out there.
BlkSaabaru4Me
I'm a n000b

Post by BlkSaabaru4Me »

drwrx wrote:
BlkSaabaru4Me wrote:Side Note: Debating on whether I'll be cleaning, painting, and then selling the 05' BBS wheels 5x114 (silver- for now) or having them re-drilled to fit my car (5x100). I'm going to talk to some good machinist/wheel guys in the area and see what they think about the cost and feasibility of re-drilling. If anyone is interested in purchasing PM me.
Honestly, unless there is some over-riding reason for wanting the05 BBS wheels I would just sell them and find a set with the correct bolt pattern, an 04 set of BBS perhaps. Yes, they are getting hard to find, but they are out there.
Meh, nothing is really twisting my arm to keep them. I have always liked the look of the BBS wheels from the STi and it would be nice to have a set in 17x8" as opposed to the 04's that were 17x7.5. I've looked for a clean reasonably priced set of 04's for a long time and have kind of given up on that as most are either pretty beat up or in mint condition and commanding a heavy price. I didn't really give any serious thought to re-drilling them until my buddy who works as a service adviser at MBenz said he knew some really good wheel guys that could tell me whether its worth while or not. I figure there's no harm in asking. My real intent in getting them was to have a set of wheels to clean up and practice painting on with my new order of plasti-dip before doing my own wheels.
DD- 05' Saab 9-2x Aero Stg. 2
Track- 91' Nissan 180SX SR20DET Stg. 2+
BlkSaabaru4Me
I'm a n000b

Post by BlkSaabaru4Me »

zaxrex wrote:Yeah, happy car! Looks good.
Carlos is a good guy, eh?
Carlos was great to talk to you. I think he might like cars almost as much as I do! It was to know that the guy working on your car was doing it because he loved doing it and not because he was forced to or just needed the money. He was happy to answer all my questions and go over all the work performed, we even chatted about some other cars/trucks that were in the shop at the time. I would certainly recommend him to any Saab/Subaru owner.
DD- 05' Saab 9-2x Aero Stg. 2
Track- 91' Nissan 180SX SR20DET Stg. 2+