Saying hi

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

ResidentR
I'm a n000b

Saying hi

Post by ResidentR »

Hey everyone, newbie here.

I came to the last meet and met a lot of you, definitely looking forward to being more active with this group.

Currently driving a 2011 WRX, and am resisting the urge to void the warranty, but I think it's going to happen soon anyways. I had an 1997 outback limited before that make it to over 300k, and I've got a project car that I need to finish or sell to someone that will, a 1996 Legacy postal wagon with a GTB drivetrain dropped into it.

Hope to see you all around!

-Rich
FreddyG
Bicycle

Re: Saying hi

Post by FreddyG »

glad you came out man, and do it! you wont regret it. It's healthier for the car anyway and I could do it for free next meet :)
"If you see a bomb technician running, follow him."
- USAF Ammo Troop
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Cool, nice of you to drop in.
is the wagon RHD? What state of completion is the project in, does it run?
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
ResidentR
I'm a n000b

Post by ResidentR »

FreddyG: Warranty be damned, I'm looking for a downpipe and intake to go with it now too.

For the postal wagon, it is right hand drive, and shouldn't need too much more. The entire drivetrain is in place. The big things it needs include headlights, tires, power steering lines, radiator brackets, the rear harness wired in, and the mess of vacuum lines for the whole sequential twin turbo thing. It's not clean enough to be a showcar, but should be a fun beater/autox car.

The vacuum lines need some work, but it will start with a little coaxing and hold an idle, and I've driven it around the shop where it's being stored at now.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Thanks for coming out Rich, it was great meeting you! I'm afraid very few cars stay stock around us... ;)

The Legacy sounds like an awesome project!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
ResidentR
I'm a n000b

Post by ResidentR »

I just bought a downpipe and AEM intake tonight.

Obviously didn't take too much convincing on all your parts, haha.
FreddyG
Bicycle

Post by FreddyG »

very nice man, it all depends on what you want to do from here with that stuff man, phil from element tuning does a great job for stage 2 or i went through torquedperformance and bought his stage 1 tune for 85 bucks and you could do the same for stage 2.
- USAF Ammo Troop
ResidentR
I'm a n000b

Post by ResidentR »

I'm tuner shopping right now, so far Torqued Performance is winning though, any sort of protune around here looks like it's $500+
FreddyG
Bicycle

Post by FreddyG »

yea eric has great customer service, I can say that first hand. And opensource makes it way easier with him. I bought his tune uploaded to my car did a few 3rd gear pulls sent it back and he sent me a new revised map that I sent in again to double check with him all within 2-3 hours. But his replys were almost instant like withint 10-15 minutes. What downpipe did you end up getting?
- USAF Ammo Troop
ResidentR
I'm a n000b

Post by ResidentR »

I got a good deal on a catted bellmouth ERZ downpipe that had been ceramic coated.

Torqued performance is really looking like the way to go now, I think. If I can borrow a cable for a little while when I find time and space to put the downpipe on, I'll be at stage 2 + AEM for well under 500$ total. Which I'm hoping will leave me with enough pizza and beer money to bribe someone into helping me.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Whenever you are ready, we can do all that work in a couple of hours at my place :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
ResidentR
I'm a n000b

Post by ResidentR »

Sabre wrote:Whenever you are ready, we can do all that work in a couple of hours at my place :)

You sir are awesome. Whenever you're free and feel like wrenching on something, I'm game. I'll buy the maps tonight, and the only other thing I'm missing is the tactrix cable. What kind of beer/pizza?
captainslow
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by captainslow »

Welcome!
FreddyG
Bicycle

Post by FreddyG »

ResidentR wrote:
Sabre wrote:Whenever you are ready, we can do all that work in a couple of hours at my place :)

You sir are awesome. Whenever you're free and feel like wrenching on something, I'm game. I'll buy the maps tonight, and the only other thing I'm missing is the tactrix cable. What kind of beer/pizza?
I have the cable and computer dude, you're more than welcome to use it ( could I possibly get that stage 2 map from you for when I go stage 2 also :), I've never put on a downpipe but im always willing to help
- USAF Ammo Troop
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

welcome aboard. :pimp:
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

The Downpipe is a walk in the park compared to many other installs on turbo Subarus.
I think Matt and I hold the record at 1.5 hours for a shorty dp install on his 05 Legacy GT.
The AEM Intake will likely take longer, especially if it's a cold air variety.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

We (FreddyG and I) did the AEM Intake on his in about 30 minutes, so the whole install should go quickly. I'll check my schedule and get back to you! I have a laptop and Tactrix cable too, so someone will flash ya, haha.

No beer or pizza needed, we just like working on cars!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
ResidentR
I'm a n000b

Post by ResidentR »

Darn, I was looking forward to the beer and pizza.