Just signed up

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

BIGMICK
I'm a n000b

Re: Just signed up

Post by BIGMICK »

zaxrex wrote:I have been running water/meth injection for the better part of 8 years.
Methanol is corrosive to aluminum when left in contactfor long periods of time. That is basic chemistry. But the difference is that you are only injecting under boost, the dwell time is so short that there is almost no time for the chemical reaction to take place.
If you build your short block with iron sleeves, then your corrosion is limited to your injection port. Almost negligible.
I have been lucky that my tune has been conservative enough that when the injection system fails I have not blown anything.
If you spend the scratch for a stand alone EM with dedicated water/meth system, you can tune to the limit and see great returns.
Your last comment is where I see the truth in pretty much everything. Spending the scratch. I bought my ings kit because I wanted the quality and fittment, same with my APS TBE, so when it comes to the remaining build on my car I know that in order to do it right I am realistically looking at +15k easily. That doesn't mean I am not going to be scouring nasioc and every resource I can for deals. But at the end of the day you are going to get what you pay for.
This Too Shall Pass
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

drwrx wrote:If anything goes wrong with the water injection system (nozzle clog, pump failure, piping failure, wiring failure, water/meth runs out, etc.) the consequences can be devastating.
BIGMICK wrote:Spending the scratch.
Take both of these together and you get the right recipe :) I run a Hydra with a Hydramist system. If there is too much water, too little water or the injection system fails in some other way, then the Hydra drops to a secondary map which reduces or eliminates the things that could cause problems. You can even have it drop to wastegate pressure on your turbo if you are running high boost.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

very late to the party, but welcome! it sounds like you've got some fun ideas for your scoob. i'm also very happy to hear about the bikes. i do enjoy chatting with another 1wd'er. i rock an fjr1300 myself... sold the 636 i had when the wife decided to start riding along.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
BIGMICK
I'm a n000b

Post by BIGMICK »

Had my first enjoyable experience with Virginia police....... I had to drive the STI to Dulles last week and left it. Last night after getting back from LA I leave the parking garage and instantly have a Dulles cop get behind me. I was not even remotely getting on the gas because my clutch is in such bad shape. Anyway, he tails me all the way to the tollroad entrance,and no sooner do I got through the toll he lights me up. He starts badgering me about nitrous, blahblahblah...... I am as polite as possible, about 45 minutes later he comes back and tells me how he is cutting me a break only giving me a exhaust ticket.... So then I get pissed. I asked if they took the time to harass Harley's and Street bike riders... Or the people flying upend down the toll road? I said that this exhaust law is the result of teenage kids acting like idiots in hondas and such. He said I cut you a break and you're busting my balls.... I said a break is when I get a verbal warning and go about my business. I am honestly really respectful when it comes to police, but I just got off a cross country flight, and this guy was so attacking with his questions and accusations it lit my ass on fire.... He then told me I can go back and write the tint ticket if you would like, I told him go ahead. I know I was way off base but I was just heated and cranky. This is what makes people get mad a police.
This Too Shall Pass
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Damn, sorry dude :( I've seen more police out in the last 3 months than I ever have. They will ticket you for anything to make up some of the budget deficits.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I almost stopped reading at "Dulles." NEVER take a tuned vehicle to Dulles airport. Never ever ever ever.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote:I almost stopped reading at "Dulles." NEVER take a tuned vehicle to Dulles airport. Never ever ever ever.
I travel that road all the time in mine, but I am VERY careful.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
BIGMICK
I'm a n000b

Post by BIGMICK »

Mr Kleen wrote:I almost stopped reading at "Dulles." NEVER take a tuned vehicle to Dulles airport. Never ever ever ever.
Noted! Lol I was shifting at like 2.5k rpm because of that snapshot from progressive and trying to stay under boost because of the clutch..... Just a wonderful experience. I am going to see if my coworkers state trooper husband can sign off the ticket since that is an option.
This Too Shall Pass
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

So a VA cop gave your MD registered and plated car a ticket for tint and exhaust?
WINNING!
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
BIGMICK
I'm a n000b

Post by BIGMICK »

Yeah it was pretty good times! He didn't write me the tint ticket. Just threatened it, and when I told him "Go Ahead" he just told me he would if he sees me in the area again.
This Too Shall Pass
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

BIGMICK wrote:Yeah it was pretty good times! He didn't write me the tint ticket. Just threatened it, and when I told him "Go Ahead" he just told me he would if he sees me in the area again.
and HE WILL. i had a toll road cop pull me over with the cruise set at 55. when he gets to the window he greets me by name. power-hungry little prick!
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Police: Do you know why I'm standing here?
Sarah: You got all C's in high school?
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote:Police: Do you know why I'm standing here?
:rolllaugh: :rolllaugh:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
BIGMICK
I'm a n000b

Post by BIGMICK »

Sabre wrote:
Mr Kleen wrote:Police: Do you know why I'm standing here?
:rolllaugh: :rolllaugh:
:plusone:
This Too Shall Pass
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

One guy in my graduating class is a police officer now. He was a bully and a C student in high school, and was a power-lifter when I saw him at my 10 year reunion. He came in full uniform, driving his cruiser and wearing his side arm because he was "going to work right after the reunion."

Maybe he's a good cop? I honestly don't know one way or the other... :eek:
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Mr Kleen wrote:Maybe he's a good cop? I honestly don't know one way or the other...
I wonder which way the smart money is betting?