So, about time for this again...

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

So, about time for this again...

Post by zaxrex »

:evil:
It has been a while, so I figured it was time to post something like this up again.
I knew I should have just stayed in bed. But I had to get the stuff from the show in Baltimore back into the office, so i had to drive in.
This Maryland dude driving his Maryland truck should have stayed in Maryland. Instead, he went straight, and that is how we met on Constitution and 18th.
Spun me a 1/4 turn, blew out my window, showered me with glass. When we "stopped", I looked out my door window and I see the big blue oval staring me in the face.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Re: So, about time for this again...

Post by sirwilliam »

DUDE!!!! :(

Are you okay?
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

oh dammit!!!!!

you my friend, have had the worst luck with accidents in that car.

i hope you're okay.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

OMG, that sucks. Zak, as long as you are ok, that is all that matters... that being said, I have NEVER heard of a car that is more accident prone than yours. How much damage was there to the truck? I hope more than a scratch!!!!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Sabre wrote:OMG, that sucks. Zak, as long as you are ok, that is all that matters... that being said, I have NEVER heard of a car that is more accident prone than yours. How much damage was there to the truck? I hope more than a scratch!!!!
or how much damage did you do to the driver afterwards? :lol:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
GVR-4Chad
I walk to work

Post by GVR-4Chad »

That friggin' sucks man...drivers around here really are a bunch of :jerkit:
Chad
91 Galant VR-4 (989/2000) (Project Track Car)
92 Galant VR-4 (141/1000) (Project Street Car)
07 Legacy GT Spec.B (DD)
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Thanks friends. As tired as you all must be in reading this over and over again, I just want this thing to go away. There, I said it.

I got a little bit of a sore neck from the spinning teacup ride and my thumb was bleeding from a piece of glass.
He was in a F-150, bent the fender back into his tire, and his lower fog lamp housing was missing, but that was about it. He seemed fine, and said as much.

But here is where it gets fun.
His insurance agent calls me and tells me I turned into him as he was turning and they are not paying a claim. OK, maybe he didn't go straight and was turning, but turning where? He was running out of road if he had wanted to go on 18th, unless he wanted to drive on the sidewalk.
I tell her that I have a picture of the intersection with my glass and side board clip (in green) on the outside of the lane indicator (white, augmented in orange).
She declined to receive it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Raven
Mr. Underpowered or something

Post by Raven »

Why is his agent calling you? You have insurance right? They should take it up with them, not you.
All my cars have drum brakes and are sub 200 hp, what am I doing with my life?
2013 Mazda 2
1994 Chevy S10 pickup
1985 Chevy Caprice (no fuel system)
GVR-4Chad
I walk to work

Post by GVR-4Chad »

Did the police get involved? The accident report would really help your cause.
Chad
91 Galant VR-4 (989/2000) (Project Track Car)
92 Galant VR-4 (141/1000) (Project Street Car)
07 Legacy GT Spec.B (DD)
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

GVR-4Chad wrote:Did the police get involved? The accident report would really help your cause.
:plusone:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Raven wrote:Why is his agent calling you? You have insurance right? They should take it up with them, not you.
:plusone:
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Yeah, I did call the police, but when the officer came, he said "oh it was on constitution? Well that is Park Police" So an hour and a half later the other officer shows up. By that time Driver X has to get to work. We had already exchanged info, so he took off. Not leaving the scene, mind you. Officer looks at the intersection and says he can't write a report up without both parties being present, but if I need his "observation", I can call him. So looks like I will be doing that.

On the insurance front, it is customary for the insurance company to call the other party and get their account of the incident, my agent did the same thing with the other guy. Difference is, I talked freely and offered documentation. He has yet to respond to requests for information. On Tuesday of next week, my agent will make a decision of at fault responsibility.

Now the question is, is it worth the repair costs, or should I pocket the estimate cash and not have to go through the hassle of trying to sell?
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Wow, that sucks man. Good luck with the insurance companies, and the cop.

Thats a big question on what to do. hate to see one of the oldest cars in the group go away, that is the first Subaru I ever rode in, and probably the first 'modified' car too, but its been consuming alot of your time/energy...
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
legacy2003
I'm a n000b

Post by legacy2003 »

Ouch! Just saw this post. I was going to message you about getting beers soon sometime soon.

With that said, glad you're okay. Cars can always be fixed and/or replaced, if you decide to fix it that is. Looks like he just took out the doors, not too bad of a fix if that's the case. Any noticeable frame damage or anything like that?

I might be able to help you find some doors to replace the banged up ones if its just that. Buddies up at ECS in CT part out WRX's/STI's all the time and I can see if they have anything for you.