Reckless ticket need speedo calibration shop names...

It's doesn't go anywhere? It does in here...

Moderator: Moderators

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Reckless ticket need speedo calibration shop names...

Post by sirwilliam »

Well I got a ticket on the toll road for reckless. Anyone know of speedo calibration shops that are certified and can do AWD? I think I heard M&M Collision in fairfax, VA? How does the calibration work? Let me know thanks.

P.S I am running an STi ECU on my Forester and larger wheels and tires than stock (larger circumference)...if that makes any difference.
Last edited by sirwilliam on Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

How much larger are the tires? Your spedo will indicate a slower than actual speed with larger tires. The larger the tire, to more conservative the spedo reading will be.

I don't know of any shops off hand that do calibrations, but I doubt it would involve massing with the trans, just the sensor/relay/indicator.

Get some big assed used tires and have them mounted, go get spedo calibrated, and then take the doccumentation to court.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Depending on the speed you were cited with, the speedo recalibration may not fly with the judge. The best advice is this: "Get a lawyer!" I know it sucks as it will cost around $1,500-$2,000, but trust me it will save you money in the long run. Reckless is a serious violation, though usually is issued in far less than serious instances. Any lawyer can get it knocked down to "improper driving" or nothing at all with a day at driving school.

Trust me, "Get a Lawyer!"
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I had one. drwrx speaks the truth
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Don't you worry I have a lawyer and an appointment at defensive driving school tomorrow morning :wink:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

1. GET LAWYER.

2. TAKE DD CLASS

~1k later you should be down to an improper driving. Feel for ya man, one day I'll share my sad story over beers...

Only happened once in over 10+ years of driving....it SUCKS. VA doesn't mess around at all.

*crosses fingers for sirwilliam*
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
schvin
DCAWD Groupie

Post by schvin »

weak =/ good luck.
2004 impreza outback
1964 beetle
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

My only tickets have been 1mph under the respective states reckless speeds, so i can help much. But yea, get a lawyer and take the class, it will be the most boring 8 hours of your life but it looks good on paper.

good luck.
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot