Proper Fuel

It's doesn't go anywhere? It does in here...

Moderator: Moderators

WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Proper Fuel

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

I thought this was an interesting look at the differences between gasoline from company to company. I'm going to contact VP Racing Fuels to see if they distribute to the DC area ...

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp ... le_id=9752

--Alan
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

According to "Ginger" at VP Racing Atlantic, they have dealers for their Street Blaze line of street legal high-octane gas at the following locations in NOVA (there may be more):

C & C (703) 368-7878
Motorcycle Factory (703) 583-9600

As well as the following locations in Maryland:

High Performance Cycle (301) 333-3609 in Capitol Heights, MD
A & M Motorsports (877) 284-1652 in Rockville, MD

Now these don't sound like gas stations so I'm not exactly sure what this means but I think I'll check a few of them out this weekend. I'm sure many of you would like to be assured of a steady, reliable supply of high-octane gas without having to do your own mixing, right?

--Alan
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Damn good article. I'll admit, in my Jeep/Durango days, I felt very little difference in the different vendors for gas, but a stock STI HATES any differences. It will pull timing like it's going out of style. Since my tune, I don't feel that as much any more. I religiously go to one place near my house that I know sells good gas. If I'm in an unknown place, I usually stick with name brand high volume places. The reason to stick to a high volume place is simple: As gas sits, it looses octane. If you go to joe shmoe's place that doesn't sell alot of 93 oct, chances are you are getting old, and hence lower oct. gas.

Let us know what you find with those places! From that website:
TOP TIER Gasoline Retailers:
QuikTrip
Chevron
Conoco
Phillips

I see Chevron, Phillips and 76 around every once in awhile.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Also, another little hint:

Try not to use stations that have a single hose for different grades. Good chance that the guy who filled up before you used the least expensive option. depending on how long the hose is, you can get up to half a gallon of 87 with your $0.20 more per gallon 93.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

most all the gas stations I saw in Prague sold 100. I'm sure it wasn't cheep...

if Cobb would put out maps for 100 that would be sweet. just fillup and reflash!

FYI: C&C is in Manassas and Motorcycle Factory is in Woodbridge.
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

I managed to locate Motorcycle Factory in Woodbridge but couldn't locate C&C. Thanks for the help!

Since Woodbridge might be a little too far to get gas, I'll try C&C this week. I'm curious to see if they have actual pumps or if it's sold in drums or as an additive. Anyone know?

--Alan
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

keep us posted, eh. :poke:
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

C'mon guys, e-85 is where it is at, I'm telling you. If you are looking for more octane and dont care that you use it faster than pump gas, mix half a tank and crank up the boost and timing.

On some surfaces, I am having trouble finding traction in 2'nd. The head snap is back.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Zak, I need a ride....
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Sounds kinky. Don't worry, I'm just whore, post whore that is. I need my 100.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

zaxrex wrote:Sounds kinky. Don't worry, I'm just whore, post whore that is. I need my 100.
You're at 99 right now! haha
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI