How to use a JDM 12L tank for WI

It's doesn't go anywhere? It does in here...

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

How to use a JDM 12L tank for WI

Post by Sabre »

Tonight I set out to get my JDM 12L tank plumed up for my Hydramist. Thanks to some help from Zak, I was able to get it done and the seal holds well! Here are the steps to be able to use the tank:

1.) Remove the level sensor from the 12L tank. This takes a LOT of time and patience. This can be pried out using screw drivers with electrical tape on them or by using plastic tools.

2.) Remove the STI spray pump. This can easily be done by pulling on it.

3.) Using the hard plastic piece with the threads from Aquamist part 806-270, put the rubber seal from Hydramist on it and put it into the JDM tank so that rubber seals large end is on the inside of the tank.

4.) Fit the rubber collar from the JDM pump over the seal/neck/threaded fitting from the step above. Large side should be closest to the tank. This takes some work!

5.) Put the hard plastic washer on followed by the plastic nut. Tighten this down till it forms a good seal.

6.) Put the elbow adapter on the end.

7.) Put the level sensor back in and you're done!

8.) Test for leaks by pressurizing the tank with some water in it.

Next is taking the JDM sensor and building out a little circuit to convert it from normally closed to normally open.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Great write up, but...

:ttiwwp:

:wink:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

:pstfu:

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

:finger: :violent: I'll get some tonight ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.