high mount turbos

It's doesn't go anywhere? It does in here...

Moderator: Moderators

avriette
DCAWD Groupie

high mount turbos

Post by avriette »

The iKipedia article on drifting states that a high-mount turbo is a typical modification for drift-tuned vehicles. I can't figure out why that would be the case. Seems to me, that's the last place you'd want it in a car that doesn't make much speed.
rocket scientist
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

people are still drifting?

:wink:
hotsam
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by hotsam »

Mr Kleen wrote:people are still drifting?
Unfortunatley
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

nothing like kids thinking they can drift their cavalier with euro tailights and a big exhaust. i have personally whitnessed the phenomenon. they go sideways for a bit... probably feel like a hardass.... then suddenly reverse directions very rapidly as their front or back end clips something... then they begin to usually spin. the kid that climbs out of the car is pissed off looking like it was someone elses fault. i just laugh. (thankfully i'm going the opposite direction on a divided high-way so im not obligated to stop :lol:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Sounds like b/c of the RB30 (or 26 in your case ;) position in the car, they can't put the turbo in a "normal" location, so they raise it to a better location... that's all I have ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

Sabre wrote:Sounds like b/c of the RB30 (or 26 in your case ;) position in the car, they can't put the turbo in a "normal" location, so they raise it to a better location... that's all I have ;)
The only reason I can think of this happening is adding a T88 where there had previously been two smaller turbos. It might be easier, space-wise with a large single-turbo setup, to fit the thing between the head and the fender than it is with the smaller turbos. The Supra folks seem to do this too. Mebbe I'll go pester the person who put that on the wikipedia.

Thanks.

(and, uh, RWD FTW. yes, even in the Subaru. :) )
rocket scientist