Check Engine Light

It's doesn't go anywhere? It does in here...

Moderator: Moderators

WWEVORS
I'm a n000b

Check Engine Light

Post by WWEVORS »

i was wondering what kind of mods would trigger the check engine light.

in about a month i plan on getting helix down pipe, cat-delete, and catback exhaust, and either injen intake or apexi intake.

this any of this would set off the light, and what yout hink about the mods?
when in doubt, FLOOR IT!
HKS turbo timer
HKS 30th Anni cat-back

soon: downpipe, cat delete, intake and dynoflash
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Check Engine Light

Post by Sabre »

WWEVORS wrote:i was wondering what kind of mods would trigger the check engine light.

in about a month i plan on getting helix down pipe, cat-delete, and catback exhaust, and either injen intake or apexi intake.

this any of this would set off the light, and what yout hink about the mods?
A CEL can be thrown for alot of reasons, but the most common one is usually thrown when you take out any cat and the O2 sensor is exposed to the raw engine exhaust instead of the the cleaned up exhaust. A TBE and Intake do wonders for EVO's. Those engines are so well proven with mods, makes me very envious! Good lukc and let us know if you need any help installing stuff!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
WWEVORS
I'm a n000b

Post by WWEVORS »

this monday i should be getting a pretty hefty settlement check. ive made my mind on the helix ss exhaust system which include. down pipe, testpipe(cat delete), and cat back exhaust. its gonna cost around 820 for all of it. free shipping i think. but the problem is.. i live in fairfax county, and people get pulled over a lot for loud exhaust. i did some research on this exhaust and it pumps out 101dbs, while the stock only does 85dbs. i was thinking about just using my stock cat or getting a high flow cat, or just using the silencer that comes with the exhaust. what do you guys think?
when in doubt, FLOOR IT!
HKS turbo timer
HKS 30th Anni cat-back

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

WWEVORS wrote:this monday i should be getting a pretty hefty settlement check. ive made my mind on the helix ss exhaust system which include. down pipe, testpipe(cat delete), and cat back exhaust. its gonna cost around 820 for all of it. free shipping i think. but the problem is.. i live in fairfax county, and people get pulled over a lot for loud exhaust. i did some research on this exhaust and it pumps out 101dbs, while the stock only does 85dbs. i was thinking about just using my stock cat or getting a high flow cat, or just using the silencer that comes with the exhaust. what do you guys think?
I went with the quietest solution I could find, that's how I'm preventing problems :) That being said, I know a couple of people that have gotten the tickets, but in most cases that was because they wanted to be loud. If you keep the silencer in and don't get on it around police, you should be ok. In the end, I think it ends up being how much you piss off the policeman and how long it's been since he/she got some ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
WWEVORS
I'm a n000b

Post by WWEVORS »

yeah, i was planning on keeping the silencer in when im not really in the mood to be racey. thanks for the input.

for tomorow, the mid atlantic car meet. are you gonna be going? if so, do you think i could follow you there? or get a group of people to drive up together?
when in doubt, FLOOR IT!
HKS turbo timer
HKS 30th Anni cat-back

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

WWEVORS wrote:yeah, i was planning on keeping the silencer in when im not really in the mood to be racey. thanks for the input.

for tomorow, the mid atlantic car meet. are you gonna be going? if so, do you think i could follow you there? or get a group of people to drive up together?
Nope, my family is doing M-day tomorrow instead of Sunday, so I can't go :(
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
WWEVORS
I'm a n000b

Post by WWEVORS »

do you know if anyone else from dcawd is gonna be going?
when in doubt, FLOOR IT!
HKS turbo timer
HKS 30th Anni cat-back

ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

I won't be able to, I realized that I have to get my house absolutely clean before my mom gets into town on Thursday night.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.