PIMP MY RS

It's doesn't go anywhere? It does in here...

Moderator: Moderators

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

PIMP MY RS

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Alright. After major considerations and the failed attempt to put that catback on I've decided..... its time to do something about the RS.. ive poured over turbo kits for them and dyno charts and also some of the comments of you guys (drwrx was the most outspoken about the reasons why not to do it if i recall) and decided that turboing it just isnt an option. i paid around $25k for my RS... with most decent turbo kits running like $4k not including install... we are creeping up into the STi price range... and an RS with a turbo ? sti... so therefore..not worth it. i dont plan on going for an sti until i at least get a stable career.

so with that said. the two things i know i am definetly going to do to this car...in this order

Some sort of exhaust (probably catback). one of my friends buddies might custom-build one for me
CAI.

keep in mind its an AT (another reason why i dont want to drop HUGE cash into it) (and none of his "sell it and buy a MT" sillyness haha. my next car will be a standard i can assure you that) Basically... what things should I be looking to spend only modest cash to upgrade? no $4000 turbo kits. im trying ot keep this below the $2-3k range.
Last edited by Cereb Daithi on Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
WANGAN_X
DCAWD Groupie

Post by WANGAN_X »

sell it and get a MT :lol:

sorry had to...
WANGAN_X
DCAWD Groupie

Post by WANGAN_X »

why you gotta pimp it, why not just buy a shift kit and auto x it
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

actually... i sorta like that idea. where can i find a shiftkit for my car and how much will it run me?

althougha as it is now i can wind up through all the gears with my 4EAT as it is.. i can put it in 1st and it'll redilne til the cows come home until i put it into second... and will redline in 2nd til i put it into 3rd. only difference being it'll never allow itself to stall from low RPMs