That poor RS

It's doesn't go anywhere? It does in here...

Moderator: Moderators

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

That poor RS

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Here i'll give you guys something to ponder

1) brakes lol. the stock RS brakes just cant do it. the rotors are warped and starting to really bug me. under braking the shaking is a real nuisance and i occasionally get that catch-and-release under light braking at very low speeds... im debating wether or not to just hold off on that until i work everyhing out to get the STi.... what do you guys think? should i be afraid of not being able to stop sometime soon haha

2) some wierd engine issues. not really a problem i dont think, just... something wierd... in 2nd gear, while the rpm is dropping, if it passes about 3500 rpm there is a very quick audible change in engine sound, almost like a buzz or very fast frequency vibration in the engine bay. it only seems to last until the needle passes the mark and then it resumes normal engine sounds. im baffled

3) wheel vibration at speed...nothing violently scary, but enough to make me go "hey. this isnt suppoused to be happening". at first i thought it was bad allignment, then i thought it was due to bald spots on the tires. now i'm thinking it's probably both. is that the most likely cause?
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

For #3, you might need to get your wheels balanced. Is it all the time or when you get above like 50 mph? Does it feel like the whole front end of vibrating and shaking?

For #1, it might be uneven pad deposits. My brakes work fine, but when I really step on it, it shakes.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Yeah on 1, might just need new pads and get the rotors resurfaced.

2. Heat shield, or clutch maybe. I had this problem on the WRX while decelerating in 2-4 through 3-4K rpm.

3. Bent wheel, over/ubder inflated tire, unneven tire wear.

I don't know if the brake brackets are the same on an RS, but you are more than welcome to put my WRX brakes and rotors up front and rotors in the rear.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears