Bolts/Nuts etc.

It's doesn't go anywhere? It does in here...

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Bolts/Nuts etc.

Post by Sabre »

Ok all,
After loosing various nut's and bolts, I've had to find replacements. I wanted to establish a way to keep track of the replacements. Here that is :)

Subaru:
12MM (back of turbo and most of exhaust):
. AutoZone - Dorman (Keep Tite) - M10-1,25mm Fine (NT5880) - ~$2

XXTuning Uppipe EGT plug:
. AutoZone - Dorman (Keep Tite) - 7/16"-20 x 1-1/2 (Too long, try
. 1/2 if possible) - CS1346; This is also 1,1mm-20x3,8cm

Notes:
The Grade 8 bolts (standard) are proof tested to 120,000 PSI (~820Mpa) and the Class 8.8 metric bolts have a minimum tensile stress of about the same. Grade 8 bolt heads have a 6-armed radial hash mark and the Class 8.8 has 8.8 on the heads.

If the head doesn't have any marks, it might be a Grade 2 bolt with about half the tensile strength and will corrode/gall faster.

Feel free to post ones that you have found :)
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Make sure you get the right grade of bolt

The Grade 8 bolts (standard) are proof tested to 120,000 PSI (~820Mpa) and the Class 8.8 metric bolts have a minimum tensile stress of about the same.
Grade 8 bolt heads have a 6-armed radial hash mark and the Class 8.8 has 8.8 on the heads.

If the head doesn't have any marks, it might be a Grade 2 bolt with about half the tensile strength and will corrode/gall faster.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Great, thanks for the notes! I remember mine having an 8 on it, so I'm guessing I'm good to go :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
DamSedan
I walk to work

Post by DamSedan »

As long as I have enough bolts to put the heatshield on there for trade in reasons I am fine! I don't care if I use zip ties at that point as long as the next dealership does not catch it I am fine! No, I am not getting rid of the car any time soon!
I will always be the DRNWAGN!