DCAWD Install Meet - 8/6/05 - Alexandria

Anything we do that isn't a meet :)

Moderator: Moderators

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I think I am the host...

I'll probably show up around 10:30. noon is a bit late but I can't gaurantee that I will be there by 10.

Please follow the one way signs and go clockwise around the parking garage. That is so that if you do run into somebody, at least you were going the right way.

There are no electricl outlets in the garage. There are some sodium vapor lights (yellolw) here and there. I will bring a big MagLite, and LED light, and a 12V spotlight.

The spaces that have the most natural light are 174 & 212-215 followed by 166-169. There are artificial lights between 178&179 and 160&161. If there is a slight chance that the project won't be ready 'till after Sunday, I would reccomend parking in spaces 189-194.

There is a CarQuest parts store up on Eisenhower ab out three miles away and Advanced or Track Auto off of RT1 past the beltway.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

just got back from dropping the car off so she'll be good and cool first thing in the morning. I have most all my stuff together. I *think* I left my mechanix gloves in the trunk with my springs. I sure HOPE I did anyway... see everybody tomorrow morning!
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

For those who weren't there ... this didn't really happen as planned. A bit of a confrontation with the building owner and then we had to leave. Some people tried to soldier on by heading to an outdoor commuter lot (not a covered parking garage) just across the bridge in Maryland but I headed to a soccer game.

Can someone post up and let us know if the outdoor install-fest was a success?

--Alan
92xaero
I'm a n000b

Post by 92xaero »

t was definately a success; it was definately NOT what we had planned though. We got kicked out of Zak's garage and got to the outside commuter lot at about 1:30. We were doing someone's downpipe and my up-pipe at the same time, and Zak was doing an oil change. We didn't finish until about 8:00, but everyone seemed happy speeding away w/their new parts installed.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

It was a good time. :) Even with the PG cops stopping by to see if we were stealing or dealing. :)
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Can't we do anything without the cops showing up? :lol:

--Alan
thegovernor
I'm a n000b

Post by thegovernor »

WRXWagon2112 wrote:Can't we do anything without the cops showing up? :lol:

--Alan
Here's an idea that will keep the cops away, call for their assistance!
Had a great time at the meet even with the hastle. Good work on the downpipes Julian & Zak. Think I'll be ordering my Mad Dad 2 piece this week.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I had a great time all and I'm glad to hear that people are happy with all the mods :) The funny thing is, the cops are usually very cool! The guys that came around told us flat out that someone thought we were dealing and then once the looked at us, I think they figured out we were not ;) They asked us what kind of work we were doing then said have a nice day.

Zak, how does the 27th sound for the FMIC installs?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.