DCAWD Install Meet - 8/6/05 - Alexandria

Anything we do that isn't a meet :)

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

DCAWD Install Meet - 8/6/05 - Alexandria

Post by Sabre »

Hello all,
This came up on this thread so I thought I would make it official. DCAWD will be hosting a install meet on Saturday, the 6th of Aug starting at noon. The location is in a Alexandria VA parking garage located here. Just come in QUIET to the top floor of the garage and we will be there waiting.

Installs so far:
92xaero - Uppipe
Mr Kleen - Uppipe and Downpipe
WRXWagon2112 - Downpipe removal, wrap, reinstall
ZakRex - FMIC
Sabre - Possible Aquamist install/FMIC install
STi-zzle - Stealthback and GF210's
Thegovernor - BOV and STI oiling... haha

Workers: All people getting stuff installed, plus:
ElZorro

Let us know if you are coming! All you need to bring is basic Subaru tools (aka, 12, 14 and 16 mm wrenches with long sockets and extensions). If you have jacks, jack stands or anything else, feel free to bring that too. Make sure to bring something to drink since it might be another scorcher!
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
92xaero
I'm a n000b

Post by 92xaero »

niiice..julian are you gonna post this on nasioc, or do you not want it to be too big?
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

I think Zak would prefer it if we kept the numbers controllable. :)
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

^^^ What he said :) We definitely don't want to get the "neighbors" angry, so we'll keep this a DCAWD announcement. If people from NABISCO happen to come over to the boards and see this though, cool :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

anybody jacks this up for me, I'll be callin' Patrick Swayze and gettin' all "Next of Kin" on their a$$... :twisted:

Unibombers UP FAQ
92xaero
I'm a n000b

Post by 92xaero »

sounds good...see you guys there :D
MD04WRX
I'm a n000b

Post by MD04WRX »

I don't think I'll have anything to install, but I going to try and make it anyway. I can bring a jack, some jack stands, breaker bar, impact sockets, and other misc stuff.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I'm going to bring a couple gallons of water, I suggest everybody think about hydration. that leads to my next question: any bathrooms around that area? :oops:
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Yes, bathrooms are available if I am there (access controlled). I would reccomend not doing it on the top floor as it will be hot and sunny, plus, my company doesn't have any slots on that floor. We are mostly on the first and 2'nd floors. I will get a count of all the pople who park on the 2'nd floor in case we have aproject that doesn't get done during the weekend. Alexandria PD can tow people in their reserved spots, but not in ours.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Jard
I'm a n000b

Post by Jard »

I may be showing up for this. I have some jackstands, a jack, and a nice mechanic's tool set.

:D
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Very cool all :)

I'm glad that we can use the spaces under the roof actually, as everyone has said, that might get a little hot otherwise.

Jared: Cool, the more help the merrier!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

I can't go but just curious on a few things...do you have sufficient lighting and power outlets for lighting?
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

sirwilliam wrote:I can't go but just curious on a few things...do you have sufficient lighting and power outlets for lighting?
Lighting is usually handled by Zak and Jason... they have nice lights and DC-A/C converters :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

List updated :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

So when is this supposed to start? I have 10am in my mind for some reason.

Btw, I have a few other things I need to do ... all to the exhaust system:

1) Remove downpipe and install previously wrapped downpipe. Give removed downpipe to Zak. This is assuming I can get the "borrowed" DP wrapped in time (story below).

2) Fix leak between the cat pipe and mid pipe. Probably have to re-seat the donut gasket.

3) Remove the Magnaflow/TurboXS axle-back and install the stock WRX axel-back.

4) Install the spark plug spacers on the O2 sensor (mechanical CEL fix).

Wrap story: So I ordered some wrap from Jegs. It arrived today and as I was taking it out of the box I noticed a big warning sticker on the bottom of each package: "Not for use on exhaust parts or headers". Yeah ... I ordered the wrong wrap. So I stopped at a local car parts store and had them arrange for some exhaust header wrap be sent over from their other store. Also had them order some ties for the wrap. Hopefully it'll all be there tomorrow. Then it's a matter of wrapping it quickly before heading to dinner with the gf.

Gabe - how long did it take to wrap your DP? <that doesn't sound good>

--Alan
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I toyed with it trying to get a good handle on how I wanted to wrap it for about an hour, but the actual wrap time was more like 30 - 45 minutes. it really helps to have an extra set of hands to help hold/feed the wrap. I have a couple extra SS ties if you need them. I can give you a hand Saturday if you need it.

Does anybody have a cordless drill they can bring along? I'm gonna install my hood struts while I wait for the oil to do it's job on the bolts.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

I'll bring my drill. It's not too powerful, but better than nothing.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

WRXWagon2112 wrote:So when is this supposed to start? I have 10am in my mind for some reason.

Btw, I have a few other things I need to do ... all to the exhaust system:

1) Remove downpipe and install previously wrapped downpipe. Give removed downpipe to Zak. This is assuming I can get the "borrowed" DP wrapped in time (story below).

2) Fix leak between the cat pipe and mid pipe. Probably have to re-seat the donut gasket.

3) Remove the Magnaflow/TurboXS axle-back and install the stock WRX axel-back.

4) Install the spark plug spacers on the O2 sensor (mechanical CEL fix).

Wrap story: So I ordered some wrap from Jegs. It arrived today and as I was taking it out of the box I noticed a big warning sticker on the bottom of each package: "Not for use on exhaust parts or headers". Yeah ... I ordered the wrong wrap. So I stopped at a local car parts store and had them arrange for some exhaust header wrap be sent over from their other store. Also had them order some ties for the wrap. Hopefully it'll all be there tomorrow. Then it's a matter of wrapping it quickly before heading to dinner with the gf.

Gabe - how long did it take to wrap your DP? <that doesn't sound good>

--Alan
Officially, noon. I think we mentioned 10am at some point, but then I through up noon b/c it is Saturday after all ;)

That sucks about you ordering the wrong wrap! Sounds like you managed to find some though. 1-4 sound easily doable in a hour or two. I picked up my FMIC today, so both Zak and I might be doing that on saturday, w00t!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
thegovernor
I'm a n000b

Post by thegovernor »

Count me in. I've got an hks bov to install and need to take care of this rattling noise in my back seat. Sounds like a cool event. I'll bring some drinks.

Wayne
CGM STI
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

thegovernor wrote:Count me in. I've got an hks bov to install and need to take care of this rattling noise in my back seat. Sounds like a cool event. I'll bring some drinks.

Wayne
CGM STI
Cool, I'll edit the list shortly!

BTW, is this rattling only when you are stopping or starting? I might know what it is in that case.... sadly...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I can be there any time after 10:00 if people want to show up before noon (if that's cool with the host).
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Might be a good idea for everyone to show up early anyway so that the cars can cool off!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

I can be there just after 10. I should be able to bring my roommate's jack and jack stands, too, so we could get an early start.

Come 12 noon, Gabe and I will be drinking some beers and providing "supervisory" support (as in pointing to car parts and telling people what to do without actually getting our hands dirty). :twisted:

--Alan
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

WRXWagon2112 wrote: Come 12 noon, Gabe and I will be drinking some beers and providing "supervisory" support (as in pointing to car parts and telling people what to do without actually getting our hands dirty). :twisted:

--Alan
Man, you don't know how many times I have thought that, and then at 2pm I'm still working on my car...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

^^^ here here! 8)

I was thinking about dropping my car off late tonight, just to make sure it's cooled down.