DCAWD Killadelphia Meet Aug 25-26

Anything we do that isn't a meet :)

Moderator: Moderators

Would you like a tour a Philadelphia?

Yes, I want to live out my Rocky fantasy and climb a bunch of stairs.
86%
Mebbeh, I tend to confuse easily and have trouble making decisions.
14%
No, I don't want see that %#&%ing city with alll those cheesesteak eating bastards.
No votes

Total votes: 7

VietGuy
I walk to work

Post by VietGuy »

I was in Philly last month...had the worst cheesesteak sandwich in my life. Depending on when you guys go...I would be up for a road trip.
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Okay...

I started a list for those who said they wanted to go (mira primera pagina).

I want to try and get down want everyone wants to do on this sight seeing venture. Of course there's the obvious:

-Get a cheesesteak
-See the Art Museum stairs/ Rocky Statue
-City Hall
-Liberty Bell
-Boat House Row
-South St/ Olde City
-Have Ben get beat up by irreverent Eagles fans (including myself :mrgreen:)

Without trying to cram to much into this weekend I wanted to see if there was anything else people might be interested in doing. I could make a few suggestions:

-Penn's Landing
-Franklin Institute
-Elfreth's Alley
-Betsy Ross House
-Carpenters' Hall
etc...

One last thing, I wasn't sure how you guys wanted to go about getting up there. Meaning leave early Saturday, come back Sunday or leave Friday and return on Sunday.

I need a consensus!

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Libra Monkee wrote: -Have Ben get beat up by irreverent Eagles fans (including myself :mrgreen:)
I don't care about any of the others, I just want to help with this one. Let me know what I can do! :lol:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Update on me.

I am talking with the coast guard now about the travel dated for the next project. I will go with y'all, if I can.

I'm up for some fun. I'll drive the fuel efficient Saab and can take a few peeps, plus, nobody would want to steal it.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
psuwrx
I walk to work

Post by psuwrx »

i just saw this thread, and after my recent trip to dt philly, i would go
again...the places i hit up while there:

slyfox
iron hill (west chester & phoenixville)
manyunk brewpub
nodding head
independence brewpub
triumph brewpub.

see the pattern yet? we didn't do real touristy stuff, just the beer. oh, and a phillies game vs the mets which was fun.

anyway, i'd be down for visiting w/ you folks since i've been living back up here in pa for some time now. i'd like to hit up the tourist sites just b/c i didn't last time. and nodding head too since i only had 1 beer there, and i want to see if i can get a bobble head of my cousin-in-law up behind the bar.
lights, lights, and more lights...
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Add my wife and I to the list! We're deffinately down for this.
Franklin institute and Art Museum are worth a visit.
The rest I'll leave to our intrepid guide.
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

UPDATE:
If you hadn't already noticed I updated page one with a bit of travel information. Go read it. Also, I'll be calling the hotel back today, if not, tomorrow to see what its group rate is like. If it turns out to be decent, I'll go ahead and reserve six rooms because I assume the four couples will want their own room and the remaining singularities can split a room.

Moar deetales az thay ockur...

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Even if I can't make it (name not on list :twisted: ), I can loan out my EZ-pass to assist the migration.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

zaxrex wrote:Even if I can't make it (name not on list :twisted: ), I can loan out my EZ-pass to assist the migration.
I can trade you your EZ-Pass for your maps that I'm still holding hostage.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Which maps?
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Libra Monkee wrote:If it turns out to be decent, I'll go ahead and reserve six rooms because I assume the four couples will want their own room and the remaining singularities can split a room.
4 singles in one room? not sure I want to share a bed... :?
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

zaxrex wrote:Which maps?
I have 4 of your Germany maps, including:
Heidelberg
Dusseldorf, Dresden and Garmish
Rhein

So, what's it gonna be, you gonna hand over the EZ-Pass or do I start folding against the creases?
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Mr Kleen wrote:4 singles in one room? not sure I want to share a bed... :?
Okay let's do some math here:

So far I have a total of 12 people. 8 of which are involved with each other and will be sharing their own rooms as a couple. That's 4 rooms. The remaining 4 people will be splitting the last 2 rooms between themselves. In total, that's 6 rooms. Still confused?

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

i'm still confused. but not about the hotel rooms. :crazy:
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Chuck, I just found out I may have to take a flight for work. I'll let you know this weekend if it's on or off.

:(
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

Sabre wrote:
Libra Monkee wrote: -Have Ben get beat up by irreverent Eagles fans (including myself :mrgreen:)
I don't care about any of the others, I just want to help with this one. Let me know what I can do! :lol:
to use a chuck-ism:

bring on those filthadelphia fans. i got yer eagles RIGHT 'EEERRRE *grabs crotch*
-Ben
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

complacent wrote:Chuck, I just found out I may have to take a flight for work. I'll let you know this weekend if it's on or off.

:(
Grr! Well keep me posted. I'll keep you marked as going until I hear otherwise.

Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

UPDATE

I talked to the hotel and found out the the group rate only applies if I were to reserve 10 or more rooms. As it stands I only need 6. Also since the date is getting closer the price per room has gone up from $119 to $138 a night. Now, if you guys want to keep the date but change the rate, I can go ahead and make the reservation. Conversely, if you want to keep the rate but change the date, I can push the trip back to Sept 7-9 and the rooms will still be $119 a night. I'll need an answer soon otherwise either the rates will rise more or the date will get pushed back more.

One more thing, I'll book the reservations through Travelocity (primarily because I already have an account there) and have them send a email to everyone whose going so that you can pay for your own rooms so I don't have to worry about taking everyone's money. It's just simpler.

drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

I say reserve the rooms NOW! Don't wait.
Sept. 7-9 might work but more people might not be able to go.
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Okay I've made reservations for six rooms from the 24th-26th. The emails will be going out shortly. I could probably add more rooms later but keep in mind the cost of the room will likely increase.

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Yeah if you gots the people now, go for it. I'd like to go, but don't know if I will be in state or not.
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Alright, the emails have been sent out. You'll have to register for your room. The trip name is "DCAWD Philly Trip". Ben, since you and Gabe are together I just sent the registration to you. Phibs, you're rooming with me so you can just pay me for your half of the room.

If there's any confusion let me know because I've never used this method before and I'm not entirely sure how it's supposed to work.

Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

This is August right ;)
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

DCAWD Killadelphia Meet Aug 25-26

Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

Sounds good. If you can't find anyone else to share that room with you I will take it as to not screw you outa $ ;)