Maryland Renaissance Festival

Anything we do that isn't a meet :)

Moderator: Moderators

ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Maryland Renaissance Festival

Post by ElZorro »

Ok, how about this for an event, Maryland Renaissance Festival (http://www.rennfest.com/mrf/)! Couple dates as options, please vote in the poll for your preference. Come on, everyone loves jousting, grilled animal legs, trash-talking dunk tank girls, seeing if your friends weigh 3 bags + two wenches or 4 bags + one wench!

Idea being we'd meet down at the Eisenhower Metro station (across the street from the old Hoffman meets) and caravan over. They open at 10am, we'll want to get there early (if you don't get there early the drive stinks) so probably pulling out of Eisenhower by 9am. This will not be a "rain or shine" event, the festival grounds turns into a mud pit, so we'll make the final decision the night before.
Last edited by ElZorro on Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
GVR4-308
I walk to work

Post by GVR4-308 »

Not gonna vote, really can't organize myself enough to know whether I'll be in town or not but if a date is picked I'll definitely try and make it out.
Jack
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival

Post by Sabre »

elzorro wrote:Come on, everyone loves jousting, grilled animal legs, trash-talking dunk tank girls, seeing if your friends weigh 3 bags + two wenches or 4 bags + one wench!
I'll try to find that vid for saturday BTW ;)

The mud sounds like fun... we are rally cars afterall ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Bring a VCR if you do. :) We've pretty much abolished analog in our house. Only thing that is left (other than all the component video...) is analog audio out of the GameCube. All of the other systems have optical audio outs.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

elzorro wrote:Bring a VCR if you do. :) We've pretty much abolished analog in our house. Only thing that is left (other than all the component video...) is analog audio out of the GameCube. All of the other systems have optical audio outs.
lol, me 2
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Did you guys end up going on Sunday??? I was out waaay too late Saturday, and needed a day to recover. If you didn't go, did you decide when you are going out. Just curious...

colin
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

bluscooby23 wrote:Did you guys end up going on Sunday??? I was out waaay too late Saturday, and needed a day to recover. If you didn't go, did you decide when you are going out. Just curious...

colin
Yep. we were there :) It was total freak show, in otherwords, it was great :) Turns out, we went on pirate weekend, which made for some interesting costumes! We were talking about going again... I think Ill be alone next time though.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Alone... what exactly does that mean??? Degenerate minds want to know...
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Well, the freak show start with the 45 year old woman breast feeding directly behind us while we were watching the sword swallower... Do I need to say more?
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

bluscooby23 wrote:Alone... what exactly does that mean??? Degenerate minds want to know...
Cause Suzie did it once, but I don't think she'd do it again....
elzorro wrote: Well, the freak show start with the 45 year old woman breast feeding directly behind us while we were watching the sword swallower... Do I need to say more?
lol, ya, that was interesting, I have to admit! As was some of the people that we saw there from way back... How RANDOM was that?

Next time I'm going in my laderhosen... haha
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

sabre wrote:Next time I'm going in my laderhosen... haha
"next time" is coming up pretty soon... :poke:

(please don't ban me for reviving an old thread :wink: )
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Eternal Bann-ation!

Ya, we'll make this post soon :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Tonight, I swear, I'll post it tonight...
Jason "El Zorro" Fox