Friday, November 17 DCAWD hockey.

Anything we do that isn't a meet :)

Moderator: Moderators

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Have fun at the game you guys. Somebody catch a puck for me (you know, like when you go to a baseball game...okay, nevermind :roll: ).
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Mr Kleen wrote:
zaxrex wrote:Would you be interested in talking to who you are going to be yelling next to?
maybe...

what do you think, Alan?
I'm up for Cap City Brewhouse. So, meet up there around when? 5:30? 6?

--Alan
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I don't think I could make it any sooner than 6, maybe 6:30.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

If Friday turns out like today, I'll be out of the Nvy Yard at 3:30, so I can meet early.

The rest of the office probably won't make it 'till 6-6:30 ish.

I'll keep y'all updated.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

zaxrex wrote:I know that they are planning on meeting up at cap city brew house or something before hand. Would you be interested in talking to who you are going to be yelling next to?
IIRC, the Cap City Brewing Co. is located over by Union Station. Not too far but still a bit of a walk from the Verizon Center. With that in mind, I'll suggest the following:

Fado
DC Chophouse
Gordon Bierche
Clyde's
M&S Grill (or it it a full McCormick & Schmick there?)

And numerous others in the area. Any favorites?

--Alan
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I don't think I've been to any of those, Alan. I'm up for what ever, just not sure how soon I can make it back in to DC after work...
schvin
DCAWD Groupie

Post by schvin »

there is a cap city over near the verizon center as well; separate from the union station one. i believe it is at approximately 12th and i st, about 6-7 blocks from verizon.
2004 impreza outback
1964 beetle
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

6 or 7 blocks? That still seems a little on the far side for me. Especially since Fado is literally across the street and the Chophouse is 1/2 a block away.

I suppose this post is more for Zak's benefit as the two of us were hoping to meet up around 4pm. I understand that others (like Gabe) can't get away until closer to game time. Even Christy won't be able to get away from work until about 5:30 or 6 (although she works 1 block from the Verizon Center so it's not a big deal).

In the absence of additional input, I'll throw out Fado as a meeting place. Anyone else up for this?

--Alan
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I'll just coordinate via cell (yes, my phone WILL work as long as I'm not near my apartment :roll: ) this evening.

I'd love to meet up, but I don't want to hold anyone back from diner. I may end up eating dinner at the arena... :?