Kings Dominion - May 21st

Anything we do that isn't a meet :)

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Kings Dominion - May 21st

Post by Sabre »

Hello all,
We've had a huge number of people asking us about this, so I thought I would post it. On May 21st, DCAWD is hosting a Kings Dominion drive and event. We will be meeting at approximately 7am at Springfield Mall and heading out from there. The price is $30 per person (saves 7$ off reg. admission) and we will need the money a week in advance. We are accepting cash, money order and Paypal (with you paying for processing fee's). PM Jason (Elzorro) if you want to arrange for Paypal, otherwise bring your check/money order to one of the DCAWD events and either he or I can take it.

New this year is the Tomb Raider Firefall! (Sorry, no naked Laura included). If you haven't been there in awhile, this is a great time to go. The park is open till 10pm, so this is an all day trip. Anyone is more than welcome to attend.

HR: If someone would like to get a caravan going to KD, we'd love to meet up with you there!

Other DCAWD events coming up in Summer 2005:
Kings Dominion event
AutoX school with Brian Garfield
Paintball excursion
Weekend drives
Busch Garden event
and more!

As always, make sure to watch DCAWD for any updates to this event. If you can't make this event but love amusement parks, try to make our drive to Busch Gardens for Howl'O'Scream on Oct. 1st!

See you all there!

Sabre (Julian)
The P in DCAWD
04 STI
http://www.dcawd.com

So far:
1.) Sabre (WRB STI) + 2
2.) Elzorro (Red FXT)
3.) ?Impreza25? (Blk RS)
4.) WRXWagon2112 (Wht Wag)
5.) Those Kids Suck
6.) IndigoCavi
7.) RobzSRT04 (Blu SRT4)
8.) Tyko (Blk SRT4)
9.) Damnwrx (Slvr WRX)
10.) NRCooled (Blk Evo)
11.) Goldwrx (Slvr WRX)
12.) Darkhorse (WRB WRX)
13.) #878MSPChick (riding w/ nrcooled)
14.) Yellowfever (Ride down only)
15.) Mr. Kleen + 2
Last edited by Sabre on Wed May 11, 2005 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

So the money is due at the Thursday, May 12 meet? (I hope it's a HT meet, D&B's is a bit more of a drive for me) I'm down for this and I may have a car or 2 full as well.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote:So the money is due at the Thursday, May 12 meet? (I hope it's a HT meet, D&B's is a bit more of a drive for me) I'm down for this and I may have a car or 2 full as well.
Money is actually due the Saturday before hand. Let me know if you're going to come, how many cars and people :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

but wouldn't the Thursday, May 12 meet be more than 1 week out?

head count: myself, my new lady friend, my flat mate, and perhaps 4 more. I'll know for sure before money is due.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote:but wouldn't the Thursday, May 12 meet be more than 1 week out?
<puts on his "special" hat> Ya, htat would be right </takes hat off>
Mr Kleen wrote: head count: myself, my new lady friend, my flat mate, and perhaps 4 more. I'll know for sure before money is due.
Very cool :) Lady friend like cars? If so, you're in good company!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

the first time she rode with me she said "do you like rollercoasters?" :twisted:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote:the first time she rode with me she said "do you like rollercoasters?" :twisted:
Schweet :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I should have room for 1 in my car. I'll be leaving my place at 7 AM so I should be at the parking lot by 7:10 AM. we eating breakfast as a group or leaving strait away?
WWEVORS
I'm a n000b

Post by WWEVORS »

you can count me in. and maybe 2 others. not too sure yet.

did you say the tickets were $30? cuz i think we can get em cheaper at blockbuster.. for like $26 or something.
when in doubt, FLOOR IT!
HKS turbo timer
HKS 30th Anni cat-back

soon: downpipe, cat delete, intake and dynoflash
WWEVORS
I'm a n000b

Post by WWEVORS »

where at springfield mall will we be meeting?
when in doubt, FLOOR IT!
HKS turbo timer
HKS 30th Anni cat-back

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

WWEVORS wrote:where at springfield mall will we be meeting?
I said 30$ b/c that is what they told me over the phone :) If we get enough people, they mentioned they might be able to give "additional" discounts, not sure what that means...

There is the "beltway" that goes around Springfield Mall. On the outside of this, there is a little parking lot in front of the Taget. We'll be there waiting :) 202-255-3094 is my cell if you need to get intouch with me :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
WANGAN_X
DCAWD Groupie

Post by WANGAN_X »

i will be there, but i won't be able to meet you at the mall just meet you at KD

would be a lil drive to run out to springfield then back down to lil north of RVA
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

sabre wrote:There is the "beltway" that goes around Springfield Mall. On the outside of this, there is a little parking lot in front of the Taget. We'll be there waiting :) 202-255-3094 is my cell if you need to get intouch with me :)
Do you mean "Taget" or "Target" ? How about an address to clear that up.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

ElZorro wrote: Do you mean "Taget" or "Target" ? How about an address to clear that up.
Isn't Taget that new graffiti superstore?
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

ElZorro wrote:
sabre wrote:There is the "beltway" that goes around Springfield Mall. On the outside of this, there is a little parking lot in front of the Taget. We'll be there waiting :) 202-255-3094 is my cell if you need to get intouch with me :)
Do you mean "Taget" or "Target" ? How about an address to clear that up.
The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking we should just meet at Hard Times... What do you all think? Most people have been there before and getting on to 95S is easier from there. Thoughts?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

That was my next suggestion. :) It's a left and three rights and we're on the highway.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
WWEVORS
I'm a n000b

Post by WWEVORS »

fine by me. but, didnt you post this event in a lot of other forums? so there still might be people that wanna come and still might think its at springfield mall.
when in doubt, FLOOR IT!
HKS turbo timer
HKS 30th Anni cat-back

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

WWEVORS wrote:fine by me. but, didnt you post this event in a lot of other forums? so there still might be people that wanna come and still might think its at springfield mall.
Don't worry, I'll post up the place tomorrow :) I don't have all the links here at home ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

fine whit me.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Why are we meeting at 7AM?

If the park opens at 10 AM and googlemaps tells me that the drive from my place in Alexandria is less than 1.5 hours (and it does tell me that :wink: ) shouldn't we be meeting at, say 8:00 and leaving the mall promptly at 8:30?

just trying to get some extra sleep to recover from NIN in Philly... :twisted:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote:Why are we meeting at 7AM?

If the park opens at 10 AM and googlemaps tells me that the drive from my place in Alexandria is less than 1.5 hours (and it does tell me that :wink: ) shouldn't we be meeting at, say 8:00 and leaving the mall promptly at 8:30?

just trying to get some extra sleep to recover from NIN in Philly... :twisted:
<grabs wrench>Self thinking will not be tollerated here!</grabs wrench>

Actually a very good point and one that I was going to research today... thanks for doing the leg work for me :)

So does meeting at HardTimes at 8AM sound good to everyone? I'll update posts and such if it's decided on.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Hello all,
The final plans are as follows: We will be meeting at Hard Times in Springfield, VA at 8am on Saturday May 21st . From there we will hop on 95S for the hour and a half trip to KD, where we will spend the day forgetting about our worries and become kids again. I love Rollercoasters... ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
WWEVORS
I'm a n000b

Post by WWEVORS »

hahah, i have no worries and im still a kid compared to you old folks. :lol:
when in doubt, FLOOR IT!
HKS turbo timer
HKS 30th Anni cat-back

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

WWEVORS wrote:hahah, i have no worries and im still a kid compared to you old folks. :lol:
<grabs his cain and starts chasing WW with it>You young wipper-snappers!</grabs his cain and starts chasing WW with it>
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
WANGAN_X
DCAWD Groupie

Post by WANGAN_X »

god this is gonna be a busy weekend :lol:

fri night work from 11p-7a
sat morning KD
sat night 11p-7a
sun morning auto x
get home around 6-6.5
sleep til monday morning around 4