Moderator: Moderators

drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

A good industrial park is off Edsal and Backlick road called "Industrial Drive"
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I'll have to check it out :) Thanks for the tip Darrin!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

Im not going to be able to make it. Im going to be leaving the next day to go back to school :cry:
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

drwrx wrote:A good industrial park is off Edsal and Backlick road called "Industrial Drive"
I drove up there on lunch. It's about a few blocks from my company's HQ on Cherokee. It's looks pretty cool but I didn't see a lot of room to be taking pictures of a bunch of cars. Unless we can get permission from one of the companies there. But I don't see that happening.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

HappyIdiot wrote:Im not going to be able to make it. Im going to be leaving the next day to go back to school :cry:
Damn, that sucks Adam!

Chuck: Thanks for the recon!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Darin - I know exactly where you're talking about. There's bound to be some empty parking lots there somewhere. However, if we're determined to stick with the "DC" theme, we might want to focus on sites either in the District or that have views of the District.

Even though we weren't going to do a group thing, my car still needed some tender lovin' care. So I cleaned and vaccummed the inside and then washed it as best I could (good God I've got a lot of nicks and scrapes all over!).

Even cleaned off the wheels. Since no wheel cleaner has ever been able to fully remove all the grime, I used Darin's suggestion to try Greased-Lightning engine de-greaser. I just made sure to hose it off damn quick.

I think the results were better than expected... (hope these links work - I've never used ImageShack before)

and

and

--Alan
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Looks very clean to me.
I'd say it's 20/20 perfect!
20 paces or 20 mph!
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Looks awesome Alan :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

How about Shenandoah Park? Not only is it scenic and naturey, it's a pretty decent drive too. Just a thought.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Looks nice and clean man, verrrah niiiice 8)

Things are kinda nuts for me right now, not sure when I'm going to be ready for this shooting meet. I still have to take the car in to get the body work fixed. Grrr...
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

Just lemme know where to bring the car n the Nikon D80 :)