End of Summer BBQ!!?????

Anything we do that isn't a meet :)

Moderator: Moderators

DamSedan
I walk to work

End of Summer BBQ!!?????

Post by DamSedan »

There has been talk of such an even over the past couple of months but nothing has materialized. So, here are some questions for all of you.

When do we want to do it?

Where do we want to do it?

Do we want to have it at someone's house or some sort of park?
(remember to think about parking in neighborhoods)

Potluck?

Weekend Day?
Saturday or Sunday or over a holiday?

I just figured that we could start planning this thing now and maybe by Halloween we might have something together!
I will always be the DRNWAGN!
l3it3r
I'm a n000b

Post by l3it3r »

FT HUNT PARK!!!
GVR4-308
I walk to work

Post by GVR4-308 »

Weekend day for sure.. how about Columbus day weekend? October 8, 9, 10? The problem is it might mean lots of people are out of town, but I know you scooby people don't have lives to speak of... :wink: so we'll just have to plan ahead of time.

We had better make a list of who is bringing what, otherwise you end up with charcoal but nothing to flip the burgers with, and no buns to put them on but lots of chips and ketchup.

In any case, I'm down like charlie brown.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

We've been working on this, the leading candidate so far has been a public park, probably in Frederick. Not too many other details yet. If anyone is interested in helping us coordinate let Sabre or I know. We'll need someone to scout out the site (need space for at least 50 cars, ideally a paved parking lot, picnic tables, grills, shade, etc) and the day off someone that can get there at the crack of dawn to hold tables.

Most likely we'll do this as an e-vite with the standard food list, so don't worry about shouting out now.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Titanium
I'm a n000b

Post by Titanium »

I'm still working on details for a weekend meet. I would like this to be a DCAWD/MEC/ECB meet. Just to give you an idea of what we were thinking about is this:

The plan is to have a Fun Run and BBQ. The location is still being looked into. We need a good location to throw the cars around for a bit and a good spot that can hold us for the BBQ. We were thinking that for those who dont want to do the fun run they could just go to the bbq and wait for us to get back. Roger had throw out the idea of making all this happen in Fredrick because he knows that area and says that there are some great roads there. So one weekend Roger and myself will be making a trip up there to scope everything out and come up with a plan. Anyone else is welcome to come and help us with the planning. Come talk to me at the next DCAWD meet. The name's Matt and I'll be driving my Titanium MSP and Roger drives one of the Yellow SRT4's.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

We'll definetly chat. Will you guys be heading to hardtimes? would be a good chance to talk also.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
AdsBot [Google]
I walk to work

Post by AdsBot [Google] »

Yea we will be there. I think Roger took a trip up to Frederick yesterday, so he might have something worked out for the meet. We'll work out all the details at Hardtimes.
KenA
I'm a n000b

Post by KenA »

Any news? It's been a month.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

We've pretty much narrowed it down, look for an announcement in a couple days.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox