2006 DCAWD AutoX class with Brian Garfield!

Anything we do that isn't a meet :)

Moderator: Moderators

jweisen
I'm a n000b

Post by jweisen »

Mr Kleen wrote:I have 64 meg of random pix to share. Julian was passing his camera around to everybody, Zak snapped away all day and Chuck was doing some cam work too. should be some good shots in there somewhere! 8)
I'm downloading my pics now, I'll be sending a link shortly.

I autocrossed the whole way home...
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

I'm back! I'm tired. I stink like burned rubber and crotch... er... clutch. Plus, I think I'm going to need new tires soon. Today I BECAME A MAN!!!1 Forget losing my virginity, anyone with genetalia can do that. Also forget being on my own and providing for myself for so many years. The day when you thrash your car out at the track and drive with nearly wreckless abandon, that's when you become a man (or woman for our estrogenically superior members)!!!1
:drive: :twisted:
jweisen wrote:I autocrossed the whole way home...
I think we all did!

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
jweisen
I'm a n000b

Pics from 2006 DCAWD Autox School

Post by jweisen »

I had a lot of pics, many that were kind of dups, so I slimmed it down to (what I thought) were the best:

http://www.eisenschmidt.com/jweisen/foo ... e;type=jpg

:twisted:
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

My pics will be up momentarily. Depending on how long Dreamhost takes to upload everything.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
jweisen
I'm a n000b

Post by jweisen »

schvin wrote:board is awful quiet with everyone off driving crazily!
Don't put this on us. Because of your silly work meeting, your STi will never speak to you again. Tonight while you're sleeping, it will drive itself over to my house and live happily ever after.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

jweisen wrote:
schvin wrote:board is awful quiet with everyone off driving crazily!
Don't put this on us. Because of your silly work meeting, your STi will never speak to you again. Tonight while you're sleeping, it will drive itself over to my house and live happily ever after.
:rolllaugh:

we'll have to do this again sometime [SOON] to give everybody a chance. and me another chance. 8)

extra thanks to Jason (we missed you!) for organizing and to Julian for letting Brian drive us around the course in the STi. that was amazing.
schvin
DCAWD Groupie

Post by schvin »

thanks for the pics!

thanks for organizing jason, next time i'll have planned a bit better :)
2004 impreza outback
1964 beetle
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Mr Kleen wrote: and to Julian for letting Brian drive us around the course in the STi. that was amazing.
That was teh awesomsawce! :nana:

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

lol, glad you all liked the ride. You're going to be absoultly sick when you see the video's of the cars BTW...

Chuck and I had a fun trip back. A G35 and a Civic hatch tried to play with me :jerkit:

BTW, if you took photo's, would you all mind passing them along to me by e-mail? (sabreofsd at the gmail thingy dot com). I'll upload them to the gallery! I hopefully I'll be getting the ones that I took up pretty shortly!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

That was so f*%#ing AWESOME!! I think I have a new (and very expensive) hobby!

For those in the first group of cars on the final course, I hastily wrote down your times if you'd like them. I can PM them to you or post them up - your choice. The times show an across-the-board improvement from first through last runs - kinda cool.

And if you're not sure if you were in the first group - here are my identifiers (sorry, I don't remember everyone's names):

Steve - Scion tC
?? - blue WRX with spoiler
?? - blue WRX w/o spoiler
?? - Acura RSX
Katie's brother (sorry, forgot your name) - Subaru Forester

And just to give you some perspective, Brian father drove that course first in their Mini Cooper. On his first run, he got a 43.846.

--Alan
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Just to get the ball rolling, here are my times:

First set:
46.4 (+ instructor)

Second set:

You can see in the first set how the times improve pretty quickly and then level off. I think I just got used to driving nearer the limit. I wasn't improving much after that, but I think that's because ... well, I'm just not very good right now. But to save face, I'll blame it on the tires.

--Alan
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

WRXWagon2112 wrote:That was so f*%#ing AWESOME!! I think I have a new (and very expensive) hobby!

For those in the first group of cars on the final course, I hastily wrote down your times if you'd like them. I can PM them to you or post them up - your choice. The times show an across-the-board improvement from first through last runs - kinda cool.

And if you're not sure if you were in the first group - here are my identifiers (sorry, I don't remember everyone's names):

Steve - Scion tC
?? - Acura RSX

And just to give you some perspective, Brian father drove that course first in their Mini Cooper. On his first run, he got a 43.846.

--Alan
I'd love to have Patrick's times, if you don't mind. I talked to him and my mom last night and they had a blast. :D She said he was grinning from ear to ear and he made sure to tell me he beat her times. ;) Oh, and that Brian drove the Forester and turned in a 43.xx sec. time.

Oh, and Julian, no hitting on Patrick, he's still a minor. ;) http://www.eisenschmidt.com/jweisen/foo ... e;type=jpg
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

WRXWagon2112 wrote:Just to get the ball rolling, here are my times:

First set:
46.4 (+ instructor)

Second set:

You can see in the first set how the times improve pretty quickly and then level off. I think I just got used to driving nearer the limit. I wasn't improving much after that, but I think that's because ... well, I'm just not very good right now. But to save face, I'll blame it on the tires.

--Alan
Hey mods, I created a thread in "Braggin' Rights" for this ^^^. Would you mind moving it?

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Katya4me wrote: Oh, and Julian, no hitting on Patrick, he's still a minor. ;) http://www.eisenschmidt.com/jweisen/foo ... e;type=jpg
:shock: Um, he's not my... type... I prefer:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

BTW Allen, if you have my times, I'd love to see how I improved. Just PM them to me if you have them. I think I know my fastest run time :)

Thanks for writting all of them down!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

I only have times for those driving in the opposite group since that's when I was out on the course and could see the clock.

For our group (Gabe, Chuck, Julian, Zak, Katie's mom {forgot her name, too} and myself), I can't help ya. :(

--Alan
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

You mean you didn't hope out of the car and grab my times?!?!?! OMG, how dare you!!!
:P :rolllaugh:

BTW, this is SUCH a great shot. lol, poor little cone...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

that's nothing, I carried TWO cones half way across the figure-eight course! :P
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

That must be what Brian was smiling about! Cone dragger!
:EDITED: for your downloading and vewing pleasure.
Last edited by zaxrex on Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

I suppose I should mention, I was unable to track if / how many cones were hit for each run so if this was an actual Auto-X event, we each may have gotten some additional time.

I did however note that Steve went off-course and one of the blue WRXs managed a spin on his last run - quite impressive (sorry, dude - forgot your name)!

--Alan
jweisen
I'm a n000b

Post by jweisen »

WRXWagon2112 wrote:And if you're not sure if you were in the first group - here are my identifiers (sorry, I don't remember everyone's names):

Steve - Scion tC
?? - Acura RSX
Paval (sp?) has the blue wrx w/o the spoiler, mine is the one with a spoiler, and Mike had the RSX. Like you, not so good with names. I think 46.711 was my best time on the track, but much abliged for keeping everyone's times when you were out there.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I think he's smiling about the leisurely drive on the figure-eight. I wasn't going fast enough, and when I did I borked the entry :? . I never managed to link 2 perfect passes. :oops: I guess I should have stayed after class and worked on that drill, but I was ready for a shower and dinner...
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

jweisen wrote:Paval (sp?) has the blue wrx w/o the spoiler, mine is the one with a spoiler, and Mike had the RSX. Like you, not so good with names. I think 46.711 was my best time on the track, but much abliged for keeping everyone's times when you were out there.
I PM'd your times to you. Let me know if Pavel and Mike would like their times, too.

--Alan
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

From Brian:
Brian G wrote:It's a pleasure to work with you guys.
Sounds like you guys had a blast, very glad to hear it. So, for the folks that did Harry Grove in Year 1 or Year 2, is Ripken worth the drive?[/quote]
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

It's worth twice the drive... That's how good it is. I've been meaning to e-mail Brian to say thanks and give my impression of the class. I'll try to do that today.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI