2006 DCAWD AutoX class with Brian Garfield!

Anything we do that isn't a meet :)

Moderator: Moderators

ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

ElZorro wrote:
ElZorro wrote:Yea, unfortunately my spot is available... Drop me a PM.
This spot is still available. Anyone interested please let me know ASAP. At this point I'll even consider taking best reasonable offer.
Anyone interested? Spot still open.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

A couple of the new guys that came to the meet and Ian I think were interested Jason!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Gabe, you posted these up:
Super 8 Aberdeen $66 for 2 person room. (looks like the best balance between price and a place I would feel safe sleeping...)
Quality Inn is $80 (2 person)
Holiday Inn is $100 (2 person)

I presume you went for the Super 8? Anyone else make reservations?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

ok, I have a bunk available if anyone wants to share a room with me. If I don't hear back from anyone by 8PM tonight, I'm going to get a room with a Queen bed instead of the 2 Double Beds!

Super 8 Aberdeen
White Marsh Area
1008 BEARDS HILL RD
Aberdeen, MD 21001-2230
$59.99
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

sabre wrote:ok, I have a bunk available if anyone wants to share a room with me. If I don't hear back from anyone by 8PM tonight, I'm going to get a room with a Queen bed instead of the 2 Double Beds!

Super 8 Aberdeen
White Marsh Area
1008 BEARDS HILL RD
Aberdeen, MD 21001-2230
$59.99
have you got your room yet? that's where I'm going to get a room. going to call tonight.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I'm staying one exit up 95 in Havre de Grace, MD with my brother. Only 10 miles away, and food and lodging are free!

That just might make up for the rental car that i will possibly be driving up in. Let's see, Shehee has to bleed the master cyl, I have to pick up the wrx, wheels&tires, install TMIC & stock BOV + MBC, install camber bolts, a;; before the traffic gets really bad.

Can you say screwed?
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

just realized I forgot to make my reservation! what room are you in Julian? I'm going to call when I get to work at approx. 8:50 AM tomorrow.

anyone want to meet up for dinner? it will have to be late for me, I doubt I'll even get ON the road until 7:00PM at the earliest. :(

:ya:
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Hope you guys have a blast!!!
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Thanks for setting this up for us. Bummer your vehicle won't be there with you in it.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

^^^ What he said!

Gabe: I book Alan and I's room tonight, but I have no idea what room # we're in :/ I'll probably get up there between 7-8PM and can hold off on dinner till ya arrive :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Holy Crud! I haven't got a room yet either. I've been in Elizabeth, NC all weekend. Super 8 sounds good. Especially cause I don't know the area. I'll see if I can make a reservation online.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I booked through http://www.expedia.com It came out to $74 after taxes and such.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Too late! I already booked through Travelocity and it was only $65.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Tomorrow's weather forecast for Aberdeen, MD

Sunny, High of 82 F, Precipitation 0%
Winds: NW 6 mph
Humidity: 53%
UV index: 9 Very High
Sunrise: 5:37 AM ET

just booked a room at Super 8. Travelocity charged me $68.39, but I also was honest about having 2 adults in the room. :?
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Mr Kleen wrote:just booked a room at Super 8. Travelocity charged me $68.39, but I also was honest about having 2 adults in the room. :?
Well it's still cheaper that what Julian paid. :D
:owned:

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Ya, I said I had two people too, lol not next time!

What's strange is I tried all of the sites and after taxes, they all came out to be about the same. Oh well.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
jweisen
I'm a n000b

Post by jweisen »

Mr Kleen wrote:anyone want to meet up for dinner? it will have to be late for me, I doubt I'll even get ON the road until 7:00PM at the earliest. :(
I'm supposed to swim tonight after work, so I won't be heading up until after 8pm (more likely 9pm) which puts me in Aberdeen closer to 11pm. Unless people will be at the bar (wh00t) I may just call it a night.

I'm actually staying at the Budget Inn, I already had my room booked before I realized everyone was staying at the Super 8 and Econo Lodge. I figured for the 8 hours I was going to actually be in the room, one discount hotel was as good as another (unless there's a hooker turn-down service that Orbitz didn't alert me to).
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

jweisen wrote:one discount hotel was as good as another (unless there's a hooker turn-down service that Orbitz didn't alert me to).
Guess you didn't read the fine print! duh!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
jweisen
I'm a n000b

Post by jweisen »

sabre wrote:
jweisen wrote:one discount hotel was as good as another (unless there's a hooker turn-down service that Orbitz didn't alert me to).
Still, it is Aberdeen. My taste in women leans towards those who aren't lactating...
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

jweisen wrote:
sabre wrote:
Still, it is Aberdeen. My taste in women leans towards those who aren't lactating...
:shock: :lol: :puke:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Alright I'm off on the road to Aberdeen.

Gabe & Julian:
If you guys are doing dinner give me a call (267-882-8670) hopefully I'll be there by time you are.

All others:
I'm taking my PSP so if there's WIFI I'll have internet. I was going to bring my laptop but I thought that would be a bit much. :D

See you on the track! :drive:

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

we're going to get such a late start, I think Steve and I are going to grab a bite to eat before we head out to give traffic time to die down. might be up for ONE drink after check in...

see you guys/gals there.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Rock on fellas and ladies! Have a freaking blast tomorrow and remember the poor working stiffs when you're thrashing your auto around a course. Tell Brian I said "scare the chit outta all of 'em again"

autox class > *.work

:'(

</envy>
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
schvin
DCAWD Groupie

Post by schvin »

board is awful quiet with everyone off driving crazily!

ARGH!! :evil:
2004 impreza outback
1964 beetle
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I have 64 meg of random pix to share. Julian was passing his camera around to everybody, Zak snapped away all day and Chuck was doing some cam work too. should be some good shots in there somewhere! 8)