Help me decide here

Need better contact with the ground? Come on in.

Moderator: Moderators

Help me decide

Get a new set of matte charcoal 18x8 Tenzo R wheels.
No votes
Get another set of RPF1s but they will be used silver ones in the same size for ~$150 cheaper than the new Tenzos.
No votes
Sell the new, non-fitting wheels but keep the new max summer tires, put them on the RPF1s and then sell the Falken all-seasons.
No votes
Don't get anything and just sell the new, non-fitting wheels and tires so that you put the money back in the bank.
100%

Total votes: 3

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Help me decide here

Post by sirwilliam »

Well, as you all know I picked up a sweet set of wheels and tires but they didn't fit over the Brembos.

I am thinking 4 options for me:

1) Get a new set of matte charcoal 18x8 Tenzo R wheels:

2) Get another set of RPF1s but they will be used silver ones in the same size for ~$150 cheaper than the new Tenzos

3) Sell the new, non-fitting wheels but keep the new max summer tires, put them on the RPF1s and then sell the Falken all-seasons

4) Don't get anything and just sell the new, non-fitting wheels and tires so that you put the money back in the bank.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Re: Help me decide here

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Man you are so determined to get rid of your sexy goldies...
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Cereb Daithi wrote:Man you are so determined to get rid of your sexy goldies...
No, not at all. I will be keeping the goldies. I don't think I could ever get rid of them to be honest...I like them too much.

If I got another set of 18s, the goldies would become my winter wheels, though.

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Honestly, keeping the RPF-1s as winter wheels seems like a bit of a waste. They are strong and super light exactly the kind of wheels you want for high performance. As far as winter wheels and tires go gab a cheap set of 17s that will fit over the brembos (search for all wheels that fit 04 STi) and slap some Blizzak WS-60s on there. Then do a set of 235/45R18 UHP tires (like Kumho Ecsta SPT for $135) and put those on the RPF-1s.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

drwrx wrote:Honestly, keeping the RPF-1s as winter wheels seems like a bit of a waste. They are strong and super light exactly the kind of wheels you want for high performance. As far as winter wheels and tires go gab a cheap set of 17s that will fit over the brembos (search for all wheels that fit 04 STi) and slap some Blizzak WS-60s on there. Then do a set of 235/45R18 UHP tires (like Kumho Ecsta SPT for $135) and put those on the RPF-1s.
I actually have a winter set of SDRs w/ Pilot Alpins on them. I think my best two options is either sell the new wheel setup and/or put those new max summer tires on my RPF1s and sell the new ASA GT1s by themselves.

chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

i don't know why you're so insistent on making your car look less hot. the goldies > *.
-Ben
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

I just like variety and I wanted another set of 18s.

Here is a photochop of the latest wheels I wanted:

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

looks dubb'ed out... ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Sabre wrote:looks dubb'ed out... ;)
Of course it is not exact, but you think it looks bad?

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I like the wheels, but you know I'm a fan of the golds with the blue. It really doesn't matter what I think, it's what you think!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

sirwilliam wrote:I actually have a winter set of SDRs w/ Pilot Alpins on them. I think my best two options is either sell the new wheel setup and/or put those new max summer tires on my RPF1s and sell the new ASA GT1s by themselves.
That is a plan I can endorse. But again, in the large scheme of things as long as you like the set-up go any way you like.
You and I tend to have the same taste, I have liked every set of wheels you have put on your FXTs.
However, I'm cheap, so cost always tends to dominate my decisions. Example: 20 whp for $200, and I'm getting cash ready! 20 whp for $1,200, and I'm putting my wallet away.