12v tire inflator?

Need better contact with the ground? Come on in.

Moderator: Moderators

ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

12v tire inflator?

Post by ElZorro »

Anyone have one they like?

I had a combo 12V/battery inflator from Slime that was crap... valve broke after just a couple uses and just out of warranty.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: 12v tire inflator?

Post by drwrx »

I have 3 Campbell Hausfelds that I keep in the vehicles. Purchased from Home Depot.
One for over 15 years. Still running strong.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I have a Craftsman that keeps blowing the internal fuse of the c cigarette lighter.
Have too take the whole center console apart each time to replace it.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

I have a husky one that screws on to the valve. I'm so happy with it, but it has been discontinued. I've broken three of the ones that clip on to the valve. If/when I have to get another one, it will only be the screw on kind.
My Name is Adam.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Looks like CH has two models right now, a battery powered and a plug-in-only. Features look good, I like the auto shut off.

I try not to buy anything craftsman involving electricity... I've had bad luck with all that TTI stuff.

Do you have any problems with the screw-on disengaging unevenly? I've liked the clip on because it comes off quickly, but after having one break I'm ready for something new.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

When unscrewing it, it takes a couple of turns to fully disengage and air would be coming out. So, I would add an extra pound and then double check it afterwards. I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean by unevenly.
My Name is Adam.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

I would go with the plug-in version. I had a battery version as well but it didn't last nearly as long and was much bigger and heavier. I have one screw-in type and it has been as reliable as the others . . . so far.
I have developed a technique for twisting the cap off fast w/o losing much air.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

HappyIdiot wrote:When unscrewing it, it takes a couple of turns to fully disengage and air would be coming out. So, I would add an extra pound and then double check it afterwards. I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean by unevenly.
Yea, thats what I mean by unevenly, air leakage because it doesn't disengage as quickly as the clip ons.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I have a BMW Mobility Kit. They don't use runflats on the M cars (tell you anything?) so they get a nice zip up pouch with a compressor, valve kit, container of slime, and a cheap plastic pressure guage. I threw out the guage and added my own. It wasn't cheap though. >_<