GY Eagle GT or Conti DWS?

Need better contact with the ground? Come on in.

Moderator: Moderators

Raven
Mr. Underpowered or something

GY Eagle GT or Conti DWS?

Post by Raven »

OK, so the imminent threat of snow last night has scared my into seeking new tires. The Bridgestones are just utter shit in dry and wet and non-existant in any kind of snow. So the problem is what to replace them with. I'm going with all-seasons, I can't be bothered to change my tires every season and I'm not serious enough about motorsport to lust after after super grippy rubber.

The options are the Eagle GTs on Conti DWS. I had Eagle GT's on my saab and they were a great all rounder. Plenty of grip in the dry and wet and great steering feel. Snow performance left something to be desired, but I got around after the snowpocalypse thanks to FWD. So I know the GTs are good. The DWS are an unknown quantity. According to tire rack they're just as good in the wet and dry, but better in the snow with a higher tread wear rating. They're also cheaper. So they make more sense, my question to you guys is how have you liked them. Did they provide the nice, crisp steering feel that I'm after or are they kinda bleh like the RE050's.
All my cars have drum brakes and are sub 200 hp, what am I doing with my life?
2013 Mazda 2
1994 Chevy S10 pickup
1985 Chevy Caprice (no fuel system)
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: GY Eagle GT or Conti DWS?

Post by complacent »

i'd say dws hands down.

if you end up hating them in the warm weather, stickier tires and lighter wheels are just a phone call away.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Raven
Mr. Underpowered or something

Post by Raven »

Fuck, they're back ordered. I may be limited to the Eagle GT's simply because I can get a hold of them.
All my cars have drum brakes and are sub 200 hp, what am I doing with my life?
2013 Mazda 2
1994 Chevy S10 pickup
1985 Chevy Caprice (no fuel system)
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

I have DWS on and their ok, not great. What about GY F1 A/S? I rocked two sets of those previously and they have MUCH better turn-in than the DWS.
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
steed77
I'm a n000b

Post by steed77 »

don't do the GY Eagle Gt's. I just pulled them off my car. ~12K miles. Not good in snow or rain. They were quiet and wore ok. I have 2 in 17'' you can have... ~90% tread.

Just replaced them with the Conti DWS, a huge improvement. Sold in snow, rain, dry...etc.
03 SVT Lighting 488hp/560tq
05 Evo 8 505hp/411tq
05 4.8is X5
09 versa