Blizzaks!

Need better contact with the ground? Come on in.

Moderator: Moderators

thermatico
Yugo owner

Blizzaks!

Post by thermatico »

Time to spend some money today - I'll be sending off for some staggered 19" Blizzaks from tirerack.com. I'll get them mounted on the OEM wheels and spend the Winter looking for some after aftermarkets wheels and tires to personalize the G.

http://www.bridgestone.com/products/pas ... index.html
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Blizzaks!

Post by complacent »

which model 'zaks are you getting? I've been pretty happy with the WS-50's I've had, but I know a few others here have done other models.

either way, brilliant tires. loved mine.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
thermatico
Yugo owner

Post by thermatico »

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

thermatico wrote:LM-60's
That's the same tire that I use during the winter. You'll be very happy with them. I was shocked how well they do in ice too. During the two snow storms this past winter, I had no problems getting around :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Anything with 'zak' in the name must be good. :mrgreen:
My LM-22s let me rescue two stranded metro riders in DC and bring them back to VA, and tow two cars and an SUV from snow banks. They were worth their money this last winter.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

I've got a brand new set of PZero Nero All Season on OEM AMG wheels in the garage. Not a fan of the wheels or the tires but I'm hard-pressed to find a replacement set of staggered wheels to go with the winter performance tires I'm looking at. Subaru like offsets, staggered and 5x112 BP mean slim pickings.
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
thermatico
Yugo owner

Post by thermatico »

PGT wrote:I've got a brand new set of PZero Nero All Season on OEM AMG wheels in the garage. Not a fan of the wheels or the tires but I'm hard-pressed to find a replacement set of staggered wheels to go with the winter performance tires I'm looking at. Subaru like offsets, staggered and 5x112 BP mean slim pickings.
Same thing man. The Infiniti has some weird dimensions on it's stock wheels. The thing that really bothers me though is that I couldn't buy smaller wheels (18 in) because they won't fit over the stock brakes and rotors with enough clearance. Otherwise I would have bought much less expensive wheels and tires for the winter.

Hopefully I don't find myself in any real winter weather with these things. They probably won't see much mileage this season. I'll more than likely drive my truck in anything resembling winter weather.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

I liked my old WS-50s when I used them. I am trying out some new LM-25s this winter on my new 18" wheels :) Last winter I ran some Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3s on some 17s that I liked...sold the wheels and tires.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

during the second white-out this year, I drove from Leesburg to Woodbridge to pick up my daughter from the grandparents in my wife's first-gen FX35AWD. With the transmission set to SNOW (50/50 lock) and all-season tires it did just fine on the hard-pack. 50mph down Rt28....just had to leave plenty of room to stop as they lacked the bite of snow tires. AWD fixes a lot of things that way.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

PGT wrote:during the second white-out this year, I drove from Leesburg to Woodbridge to pick up my daughter from the grandparents in my wife's first-gen FX35AWD. With the transmission set to SNOW (50/50 lock) and all-season tires it did just fine on the hard-pack. 50mph down Rt28....just had to leave plenty of room to stop as they lacked the bite of snow tires. AWD fixes a lot of things that way.
I really like the FX series from Infiniti...and their AWD is pretty good as well. I thought the AWD was reactive so it adjusted as needed. I didn't know you could lock it in SNOW mode. :)
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

normal driving, it goes to RWD at 18mph. The SNOW mode keeps it on all the time (limited to 55mph) and locked diff.
scheherazade
DCAWD Groupie

Post by scheherazade »

PGT wrote:normal driving, it goes to RWD at 18mph. The SNOW mode keeps it on all the time (limited to 55mph) and locked diff.
Just center? or Front/Rear too?

-scheherazade
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

just center. its not a G-Wagon :lol: still a jap tin can, despite the luxo-barge intentions