Mac help: TPMS Reset tool

Need better contact with the ground? Come on in.

Moderator: Moderators

HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Mac help: TPMS Reset tool

Post by HappyIdiot »

Hello Everyone. Yesterday, Anna had a new set of rims and tires mounted. In anticipation, we picked up a TPMS reset tool. They only have software for Windows and we are both Mac users. I thought no big deal, I'll just use my Windows VM to use the device. When I attached it my Mac, it came up as a network emulator. When I tried to connect it to Windows, VirtualBox wouldn't let me. It said the device was in use. I removed it from the network adapters list, but still gave me the same error. Does anyone know how to unmount a network emulator (to make it available to VirtualBox) or another solution? I would prefer not to have to go the dual boot route. Thank you!
My Name is Adam.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Re: Mac help: TPMS Reset tool

Post by sirwilliam »

I have lots of windows machines...and no Macs.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I can probably take home a laptop from work one weekend if you need it.
I'd also like to try it on my XP VMware machine to see if we get the same error.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

^^^ If that doesn't work, I always have my tuning laptop in the back of the car :) You can just use it to install the software and then deinstall it when you're done.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

Thanks for the help everyone! I'll bring it out to the next meet. I haven't used it before, but shouldn't be hard to figure out.
My Name is Adam.
goob_os101
DCAWD Groupie

Post by goob_os101 »

wait....this tool removes the TPMS light so you can run a new wheel/tire package minus the TPMS?
missvenezuela85
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by missvenezuela85 »

goob_os101 wrote:wait....this tool removes the TPMS light so you can run a new wheel/tire package minus the TPMS?

No this tool is used to make sure the sensors on the new tires are being read by the computer so the TPMS can work...

Thanks everyone for wanting to help me out! (Even though Adam posted- but thats because he is so much smarter with all this)
Boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants oh and www.annadventure.com <---- :eek: :plusone: & :bowd:
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

missvenezuela85 wrote:
goob_os101 wrote:wait....this tool removes the TPMS light so you can run a new wheel/tire package minus the TPMS?

No this tool is used to make sure the sensors on the new tires are being read by the computer so the TPMS can work...
Exactly. The device allows you to store four sets of TPMS sensors. So, you could switch between your summer, winter, rally, and track tires without worry about the TPMS whining. Kind of like switching maps with the AP, but for tires.
My Name is Adam.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I saw this tool on Tire Rack while investigating Blizzaks for the Forrester. Very interesting... Can't wait to check it out.
missvenezuela85
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by missvenezuela85 »

Yup that is where I bought it :)
Boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants oh and www.annadventure.com <---- :eek: :plusone: & :bowd: