AVIC-D3 WTF?!

Installing or configuring? Want some more bass in the Subaru? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

AVIC-D3 WTF?!

Post by Mr Kleen »

my AVIC-D3 is having an odd issue: every time I turn the car off and back on, the D3 refuses to start up or respond to any buttons. the "starting Pioneer Navigation" message flashes up and the it reverts to the "off" screen and won't respond to any button presses other than the reset. if I press the reset button it will start up and I have to reset all my settings, but it works fine. next time I start the car it's back to the same thing. I've searched online for other people having this issue but so far no luck. any ideas short of tossing it and buying a new navi?

edit: looks like two other people had the same issue in 2009 but no replies to the thread. :cry:
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: AVIC-D3 WTF?!

Post by complacent »

Mr Kleen wrote:my AVIC-D3 is having an odd issue: every time I turn the car off and back on, the D3 refuses to start up or respond to any buttons. the "starting Pioneer Navigation" message flashes up and the it reverts to the "off" screen and won't respond to any button presses other than the reset. if I press the reset button it will start up and I have to reset all my settings, but it works fine. next time I start the car it's back to the same thing. I've searched online for other people having this issue but so far no luck. any ideas short of tossing it and buying a new navi?

edit: looks like two other people had the same issue in 2009 but no replies to the thread. :cry:
I was just going to say, if it isn't on avic411, it isn't anywhere. Bummer dude.

Did you purchase an extended warranty?
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

No. It's 3 years old. :(
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

so yesterday when I got in the car and hit the reset button on the D3, it remembered all my settings. today it's working without resetting at all.
it's crazy but if it works I'm not asking questions. :lol:
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

:lol2: :lol:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Maybe it knew tonight was Python night and got scared?
Glad you are thumping now.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears