2009 Forester Headunit and Speaker Install

Installing or configuring? Want some more bass in the Subaru? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

srlangone
I'm a n000b

2009 Forester Headunit and Speaker Install

Post by srlangone »

I live in the Northern VA area and I am considering having Best Buy installing my head unit and speakers. I was hoping maybe instead of having them do it someone on the forum could help me with it plus it would save me 300 bucks. Please let me know if anyone is interested in helping
Thanks
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: 2009 Forester Headunit and Speaker Install

Post by complacent »

The majority of the install isn't difficult for a deck and four.

Keep in mind if you have the factory subwoofer, it will not function with an aftermarket deck.

If you're looking for specific instructions, have you checked both subaruforester.org and scoobymods.com?

The reason I ask is there are many faqs and threads about forester stereos. Peaty (owner of scoobymods) has an 04 that he's done a bunch of work on and has a section of the site dedicated just to foresters.

Work has got me pretty much over a barrel for the next couple months, otherwise I'd have offered to help. :(
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
srlangone
I'm a n000b

Post by srlangone »

Well Thanks, The head unit is from Kenwood and the Speakers are Bostons with a crossover and know how to solder and hook up red to red, any who I just would feel better if I had someone who had a little more experience in taking off the bezel and door panels.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

go slow and follow the directions, you'll be just fine. :mrgreen:
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

The first door panel will take you an hour, as you try to gently pry it off, looking for the clips to push at with a screw driver... and then you'll get frustrated. And then you'll just pull. And it'll pop off and you'll feel like an idiot for wasting all that time. The second door will take you 5 minutes.

Oh, and welcome to the boards! Been lurking for awhile?
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
srlangone
I'm a n000b

Post by srlangone »

Wow I might just be better off taking it to some where. It seems if I mess with something it ends up worse :)

I have been lurking on the forum for some time. I just bought a 09 forester 3 weeks ago and really want to take the driving course offered at FedEx.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

i wouldn't worry about removing the door cards. most...most of the plastic panels in subies pop right off (without breaking) with the proper application and location of force. they're like legos.
-Ben
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

lol, if you can wait three weeks, I'll help you out! I'll be out of the country till then!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.