My 04 WRX Cd Changer

Installing or configuring? Want some more bass in the Subaru? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

02SilverWRX
Unicycle

My 04 WRX Cd Changer

Post by 02SilverWRX »

Yup, thats right i bought my 04 WRX today and am trading in my 02 silver wrx & i was aware of one problem which is that the cd player doesnt work, i can still listen to am/fm radio and do anything else i just cant listen to any cds, load cds, or eject cds... it just doesnt even acknowledge that the buttons are there! When i turn on the car it makes a clicking noise between six and ten times and then stops... Anybody heard of anything like this? please let me know!
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

never heard of that before. :?
I've got a stock 04 in-dash changer sitting in my garage, wanna make me an offer? :P
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Maybe there is a disc stuck in there?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Sabre wrote:Maybe there is a disc stuck in there?
That's my thought, but how to get it out? If you remove the head unit there may be a "release" of some kind somewhere on the unit.

--Alan
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Yea, that sounds like a stuck disk or gears off. Is this a changer or a single disk?
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
02SilverWRX
Unicycle

Post by 02SilverWRX »

ElZorro wrote:Yea, that sounds like a stuck disk or gears off. Is this a changer or a single disk?
It is a changer, i think there might be something stuck in there but i no sure how to check because none of the buttons work, now i have a larger problem though because my car is in the shop since a loud grinding noise in the turbo and the car does not start! Soooo... i am out of luck.
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

I still have the 2005 sti stock head unit if you wanna buy it.
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
02SilverWRX
Unicycle

Re: My 04 WRX Cd Changer

Post by 02SilverWRX »

Hey guys, so i decided today to buy a new head unit for my 04 since i cant stand the sound my oem stereo makes when the vehicle first turns on. Just wondering does anybody know where i can find a walkthrough on what to wire up for an aftermarket deck? Its a very basic deck, just plays cds, mp3s, radio, and couple other things..
2004 335 AWHP WRB WRX Stage 4
2005 525 AWHP AW STi
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

All of the wires are color coded and labeled, so I wouldn't worry too much. Check out subymods.com for more information!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

02SilverWRX wrote:Just wondering does anybody know where i can find a walkthrough on what to wire up for an aftermarket deck?
but a harness from Crutchfield or Best Buy. should be about $15, worth 10x that in saved trouble.