Cheetah's GPSMirror detects red-light / speed cameras

Installing or configuring? Want some more bass in the Subaru? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Engadget link

Giving you yet another venue to throw down your hard-earned dollars instead of just taking it easy and obeying traffic laws while motoring, Cheetah has introduced a GPSMirror that can detect just about anything you'd need to know about whilst cruising down the highway. Sporting a SiRF Star III GPS receiver, anti-glare coating, and the ability to divulge alerts via voice, visuals, or frighteningly loud sounds, this rear view mirror replacement purportedly keeps you informed of upcoming speed cameras of all varieties, radar / laser detectors, and accident zones. Additionally, the device can even display your speed from behind the mirrored glass in case the speedometer in your '72 Beetle has been pleasantly perched on zero for the past decade. The unit supposedly plays nice with your current radar / laser detector, and can relay data via its aural abilities to slow you down. Speedsters can pick up the GPSMirror now for £199.99 ($395), and thanks to the PC-based interface and internet database downloads, there are no monthly fees for its handy services.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Cheetah's GPSMirror detects red-light / speed cameras

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote:GPSMirror that can detect just about anything you'd need to know about whilst cruising down the highway. Sporting a SiRF Star III GPS receiver, anti-glare coating, and the ability to divulge alerts via voice, visuals, or frighteningly loud sounds, this rear view mirror replacement purportedly keeps you informed of upcoming speed cameras of all varieties, radar / laser detectors, and accident zones.... for £199.99 ($395), and thanks to the PC-based interface and internet database downloads, there are no monthly fees for its handy services.
Seems cheap for what it offers and I LOVE that it has no monthly fee! Maybe someday when I have a spare $400 laying around I'll pick it up :roll:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I'm not sure if it's available in the US. and if you import it I'm not sure that the GPS database of speed/light cameras is updated for North America. but it's a cool idea...
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

I'm going to hold out for the brain implant. 8)
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz