The homemade GPS speed camera detector

Installing or configuring? Want some more bass in the Subaru? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

The homemade GPS speed camera detector

Post by Mr Kleen »

from Engadget:
Although this device may be of limited usefulness outside of its creator's home country of Sweden, the project's inspiring ingenuity isn't restricted to the borders of the Scandinavian state. This particular speed camera detector does the same job that most off-the-shelf (and often illegal) speed camera detectors do: it detects fixed speed cameras by referencing itself against a database of camera locations using built in GPS. This example does exactly the same job, but with the same "you get to see its guts!" flair that we've come to expect from hacks. The best part about the hack is that it integrates into the sun shield for quick hiding, and that the part costs are undoubtedly cheaper than the commercial solutions out there. If you want in on the homemade speed detection avoidance scene, then you can hit up the creator at his email address and he'll apparently help you out with a parts list and instructions, although we expect he'll post this online after the slew of emails he or she is about to receive.
LINK to original posting
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Good stuff :) I need to bring a book that I bought last night to the meet... has some interesting schematics in it!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

That's some cool ish ya found there G$. Me likey!
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

That's so nifty
RJ
'13 Mazda3
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

so sad that it's come to this in his country, and that we seem to be on the same path...

saw a review of an English market Jag that had a speed limiter button on the dash because of all the speed cameras in that country. :evil: