iScoob

Installing or configuring? Want some more bass in the Subaru? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

iScoob

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Well in an effort to give my car more personality than a schizo on speed, i've decided its time to modify the interior a bit..

most of you know by now that i use macs (not exclusively... before all you die-hard windows fans start the grumbling)

being the geek that I am though i must have more technology... so i got to thinking. i have two options...

i have the standard "mount a laptop in the car" to play mp3s, keep my friends entertained, movies (not while driving), and to have to take with me to gigs for live performance....

or... upon further thinking it occured to me... "hey... i have this huge bay for my head unit.. i mac-mini could fit in there".. suddenly the possibilites started to pour in... the endless possibilities.... a built in mac mini.. possibly with touch-screen monitor.. since macs dont come standard with right click anyways the OS is already suited... and to think of all the systems i could possibly wire up to my computer... not only music but everything! readouts.. hell i even toyed with the idea of someohow tying the starter into my login.. perhaps not activating a vital system in the startup process until i log-into my mac (this will most likely not happen.. but it was a fun thought)

i know its possible.. but has anyone ever done something like this? mounting a permanant computer in a subaru?
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

I just did this earlier today. i'll post up some pics later on. Good times 8)
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
gsx-lex
DCAWD Groupie

Post by gsx-lex »

complacent wrote:I just did this earlier today. i'll post up some pics later on. Good times 8)
WAITING!!!!
Have turbo, will spool.
I <3 Lesbians
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

do eeet!
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Here is a little write-up from a year ago or so about a dude that did a tight integration into his VW of a Mini.

PM me your e-mail address if you want links to other articles about modding and hacking your car. It can get pretty wicked...
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

Have you seen Bugbyte's setup? He is local too.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

^^^ That is Nat's car, right? I met him at a party not too long ago... He was the one that got me thinking about this :)

mp3car.com is his site and a wealth of information there in the forums.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

complacent wrote:^^^ That is Nat's car, right? I met him at a party not too long ago... He was the one that got me thinking about this :)

mp3car.com is his site and a wealth of information there in the forums.
You're talking about the guy w/ the biodiesel TDI? I've met him once and he does seem like a good guy. Bugbyte has a VW Bug, and has a Mini in the dash and a PC setup in the trunk.