2011 WRX Bluetooth Audio input

Installing or configuring? Want some more bass in the Subaru? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

RFBurn
I'm a n000b

2011 WRX Bluetooth Audio input

Post by RFBurn »

Ok yes I should have read the owners manual a little closer. Not sure if this is new for 2011, but the WRX has Bluetooth Audio as an AUX input. I had paired my HTC Incredible for phone calls, and did not think much more about it. But then everytime I would get in the car, my audio player would start on my phone. Nothing came through the speakers so I thought it was just an interface glitch with the phone. I knew about the USB and audio jack AUX inputs and had been using the USB. That option worked well except that the user interface was sorta clougey. Once while changing inputs I pressed the AUX button one extra time and the term "BT-A" showed up on the screen. I looked at my phone, started the music player, and sure enough I had music coming through the car speakers! So far it works well, only had the audio skip once due to interference. End result much easier way to manage car music, and I stole the 16GB SD card out of my wife's phone so I can now carry my entire collection (don't worry she won't miss it). Cheers!
Stu English
2011 WRX Hatch stock
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: 2011 WRX Bluetooth Audio input

Post by thermobox »

Yep, Bluetooth Audio Streaming is standard on the new WRX/STi's. Pretty cool. When I told my Manager about this he flipped. He was instantly playing Pandora and songs off his phone.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

I've had a pioneer unit that does this for the last few years now, it's great! Very cool to hear that Subaru now builds it in.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Agreed, very nice to have this built in!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.