1st Post In This Sub-forum

Anything Autocross related

Moderator: Moderators

FT_SELGP
I'm a n000b

1st Post In This Sub-forum

Post by FT_SELGP »

We had our 6th autocross of the season with the WDCR region, and it has been a very successful event and earned valuable points as we are getting close to the end of the season.

SELGP competes in three different classes with three different cars in autocrosses:
1- A SELGP tuned and sponsored Evo in Street Modified class
2- SELGP STi (white) in A stock
3- SELGP STi (blue) in E Street Prepared

We all ran in the morning heats with comfortable wheather. Tire heat was not of a big issue and was manageable. The course was very fast, many people run several section with speeds between 60 to 70 mph.

The course was not particularly well suited for the STis with the short gearing and almost all of the STi were either running rev-limiter or shifting to 3rd back to 2nd, causing a total of about 6 shifts, resulting in lost time. At the same time, the course was great speed of test for the Evo, which its 2nd gear can reach 70 mph.

At the end, all three cars won their respective classes. Burak Tuglu had already guaranteed his championship for season, took it easy this race, and his co-driver took advantage of it and grabed the win in AS classes with a best time of 52.9 seconds.

Jack Brennen, as always, schooled the field by running a 51.001 and winning the SM classes.

Mike Cole, had to beat Tyler Stewart if he were to keep his championship hope for the season. With the slightly new setup on the blue STi, he ran a best of 51.6 and won the ESP class, currently tiying Tyler in points. The championship will be decided in the final race on October 3rd.

As for myself, I wish I could do better. My primary purposes if to warm the tires for Mike, by running first and providing early feedback about the conditions :) I need to beat Tyler again to give the edge to Mike in points standings. Unfortunately, try as hard as I might, I turned in a best of 52.175 seconds; which was not enough to beat Tyler's best of 52.113 seconds. :( So, when I say we compete for the last few 10ths of a seconds, I am not kidding; loosing by 6/100ths of a second hurts for sure :) But thankfully, I guaranteed a seasonal 3rd place throphy in my first year with the SCCA, and quite happy about it :)

If anyone's interested, I'd highly recommend comming and supporting us for the last event of the season; and help us win the championship :D

Cheers,
FT
GVR4-308
I walk to work

Post by GVR4-308 »

That's fantastic! It sounds like all of your cars and drivers are doing great. Way to go on your fast times! It's really cool that we have some serious autox's out there on this board. I've only been a couple times in the blue ridge region but it was a blast. This was a while ago though. I kept meaning to come out to Fedex sometime and check it out but you know how time just slips away. :cry:

Give us some more pictures! :D
Jack
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Congrats FT! Let us know when the last AutoX is, we'll make an announcement and see what kind of support we can drum up. :) We'll also need to support Keefe if he's running, so if we seem to be cheering for everyone that's why. :)
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Congrats FT!!!! I'll try my best to make it out to the next one to cheer you on :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
FT_SELGP
I'm a n000b

Post by FT_SELGP »

Thank you very much everyone, much appreciate the support.

Results are up now: http://solo.wdcr-scca.org/results/p2004 ... bea671709f

Three drivers made the top 10 in PAX out of 232 ;)
FT
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

FT_SELGP wrote:Thank you very much everyone, much appreciate the support.

Oh, double congrats! Next time I see you, I'll buy you a beer :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

I sucked horribly, but had a blast. :) Great course, wish I could've done it on good tires.

Anyone here going to the Philly SCCA autox on the 19th in Aberdeen?
FT_SELGP
I'm a n000b

Post by FT_SELGP »

Sabre wrote:
FT_SELGP wrote:Thank you very much everyone, much appreciate the support.

Oh, double congrats! Next time I see you, I'll buy you a beer :)
You are on :D and thank you very much.
FT
FT_SELGP
I'm a n000b

Post by FT_SELGP »

GVR4-308 wrote:Give us some more pictures! :D
I also like this picture from our last test session:

There are more pictures at our web site of course: www.selgp.com
FT