2006 Subaru Challenge

Anything Autocross related

Moderator: Moderators

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I'd pick up an extra one and work on that, then the install would be a simple swap. Plus if I fuxor something on your car again, you can still drive it.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Come on now, I know you would never hurt BluBallz! ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I just signed up my brother for DS. There are about as many DS as SM people...
It is going to be sad when I get beat by a DS car driven well.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Waaaay ahead of ya. Remember, Brian beat my time in my wagon by using your rental car. Talk about deflating my ego ... :(

--Alan
GeneralGrievous
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by GeneralGrievous »

I'm in..... we're thinking about staying that Friday night so we dont have to get up at like DAWN to make it there. Gimme another pull from the AutoX crackpipe. At least WRXWagon wont have the worst time from DCAWD in STX..... :roll:
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

GeneralGrievous wrote:I'm in..... we're thinking about staying that Friday night so we dont have to get up at like DAWN to make it there. Gimme another pull from the AutoX crackpipe. At least WRXWagon wont have the worst time from DCAWD in STX..... :roll:
Yay!! :D I should be in the Salisburys' AS STi and at present, Shawn is co-driving my mom's almost bone-stock '99 Forester in STS w/ my mom and little brother.
GeneralGrievous

Should be great fun.. but I'm certainly going to have to miss the Sept 4th WDCR at Fedex in exchange (Kharmic debt owed to the spouse)...
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

GeneralGrievous wrote:Should be great fun.. but I'm certainly going to have to miss the Sept 4th WDCR at Fedex in exchange (Kharmic debt owed to the spouse)...
But that's the one where you can both run in the afternoon together..... :(
GeneralGrievous

Yeah plus the next one looks to be SCCA members only so that leaves me out (unless I can join before then :twisted: )
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

GeneralGrievous wrote:Yeah plus the next one looks to be SCCA members only so that leaves me out (unless I can join before then :twisted: )
Yeah, Oct. is SCCA members only and is the final event in the WDCR points series.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Hey Katie, got a tire question for you.

I can't seem to find in the 2006_solo_rules.pdf a list of tires & such. My brother wants to know, and I don't know where to tell him to look.
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

zaxrex wrote:Hey Katie, got a tire question for you.

I can't seem to find in the 2006_solo_rules.pdf a list of tires & such. My brother wants to know, and I don't know where to tell him to look.
What class? Stock, SP, SM can run DOT legal R-compound tires. ST classes have to run a tire w/ a tread wear rating greater than 140. The Prepared and Mod classes can run non-DOT legal R-compounds, like drag radials.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Perfect, thanks
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

What to Bring?

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

So based on our experience at the AutoX School several months ago, I feel we should be better prepared for this Challenge.

Specifically, I remember we were in need of a few things that one wouldn't necessarily think of. That and we'd look pretty "with it" if we showed up with the following ready to go:

1) Jack and jack stands - remembering Julian's problem with his sway bar
2) Fold-up table - this would make lunches a lot more comfortable
3) Tent / awning - for protection from sun and / or rain
4) Cooler w/food & drink - probably something for each individual
5) Fold-up chair - again, something for each individual
6) Tools - do we want to start a communal toolbox (like the HR folks) or share our personal tools?

I think I can provide a small fold-up table. Does anyone have a jack and stands that they'd be willing to bring up? How about a tent / awning? Maybe this could be a future DCAWD club purchase?

Thoughts?

--Alan
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Re: What to Bring?

Post by Katya4me »

WRXWagon2112 wrote:So based on our experience at the AutoX School several months ago, I feel we should be better prepared for this Challenge.

Specifically, I remember we were in need of a few things that one wouldn't necessarily think of. That and we'd look pretty "with it" if we showed up with the following ready to go:

1) Jack and jack stands - remembering Julian's problem with his sway bar

2) Fold-up table - this would make lunches a lot more comfortable- Lunch is provided

3) Tent / awning - for protection from sun and / or rain

4) Cooler w/food & drink - probably something for each individual- Ditto

5) Fold-up chair - again, something for each individual - Not a bad idea

6) Tools - do we want to start a communal toolbox (like the HR folks) or share our personal tools?

I think I can provide a small fold-up table. Does anyone have a jack and stands that they'd be willing to bring up? How about a tent / awning? Maybe this could be a future DCAWD club purchase?

Thoughts?

--Alan
Sunscreen!!!!
And lots of water.
Shawn and I will have our cordless impact wrench and racing jack w/ us.
Last edited by Katya4me on Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: What to Bring?

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Katya4me wrote:Sunscreen!!!!
And lots of water.
Shawn and I will have our cordell impact wrench and racing jack w/ us.
Well of course! I meant in addition to what each person should bring. Namely:

Water
Sunscreen
Comfy shoes
Water
Sunscreen
Comfy clothes
Water
Sunscreen
Camera / camcorder (optional)

8)

--Alan
GeneralGrievous

We have a pretty decent sized tent we bought to go to the WDCR Solo's this year. I forget the measurements but its a good size and all are welcome underneath. 8)
Katie, how hard would it be for me to change class to ESP since I'm now Stage 2 and catless???
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

GeneralGrievous wrote:We have a pretty decent sized tent we bought to go to the WDCR Solo's this year. I forget the measurements but its a good size and all are welcome underneath. 8)
Katie, how hard would it be for me to change class to ESP since I'm now Stage 2 and catless???
Just log into MyAutoEvents.com and change your class, piece of cake right now. So, when are you buy R-comps? :twisted:
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I'm going to be leaving my car up in MD while I take a business trip the next week. Because of this, I am not bringing the trailer, otherwise I wuold pimp it out for equipment transport duty.

Now if somebody else had a trailer hitch, they could drive it back for me. Then we could bring the air compressor, ramps, spare wheels and tires, big coolers, tool chests...

I have recently secured the railings back together so it is more safe.
GeneralGrievous

Katya4me wrote:
GeneralGrievous wrote:We have a pretty decent sized tent we bought to go to the WDCR Solo's this year. I forget the measurements but its a good size and all are welcome underneath. 8)
Just log into MyAutoEvents.com and change your class, piece of cake right now. So, when are you buy R-comps? :twisted:
Thats going to have to be next year, I'm past my spending limit for the forseeable future. :wink:

And I have a feeling I'm going to have as much fun watching all of you guys/gals with your tools and such as I'll have driving. ....
WANGAN_X
DCAWD Groupie

Post by WANGAN_X »

run ESPX then...
GeneralGrievous

WANGAN_X wrote:run ESPX then...
Is there such an animal???
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

GeneralGrievous wrote:
WANGAN_X wrote:run ESPX then...
Is there such an animal???
It's basically fun runs. No points, no competition.
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

Anyone have a set of 17"x7" rims w/ a 55 offset we could "borrow" for the weekend? Shawn's got tires to fit, but no rims w/ a 5x100 bolt pattern. TIA
moxnix
Tricycle

Post by moxnix »

They can actually be anywhere between 49-61 offset 17"x7" assuming they would fit a stock 06 WRX with 235/40/17 tires.

Also if you are running a class that lets you use R compounds (not ST classes) that is not running the same heat as DS you can borrow my tires on your rims.