Skid plate? Diff plate?

Looking for a local dealer in parts? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Skid plate? Diff plate?

Post by Sabre »

Hey all,
I contacted Paul over at Primitive since I was planning on ordering a skid plate and Will's purchase reminded me of that :) turns out, he'll give discounts :) Here are the prices:
Your 1/8" plates are $235 + $15(Filter/Drain hole) + $18(After market headers) + shipping. Add $15 to get our rear "Up Armor" that doubles the bottom thickness to a full 1/4" on the rear plate and adds up-turned front and rear lip to the rear diff cover (nice touch and beefy at low weight-under 2 lbs total!) Add $45 if you want the sweet new stinger tail added to the front plate that gets the area under the sump to 1/4" and extends back to front part of tranny.

We do currently offer $20 off each plate for orders of 3-5 plates and $25 off orders of 6-9 plates.
I'm looking at the "Full Body Armor (Street) 1/8" Front/Rear" which is $235 plus the little addons. Anyone else interested?

List of people buying:
Julian - Full Body Armor (Street) 1/8" Front/Rear($235), filter/drain hole($15), after market headers($18), stinger($45), Up Armor($15)
Gabe - WRX 3/16" Rear Skidplate($95)
Will - Street Armor: 1/8" front - 1/8" mini rear($270), filter/drain hole($15), after market headers($18), stinger($45), Up Armor($15)

Pictures :)
02-10 WRX-STi frt skidplate stinger vented.jpg
Double thick Sti mini rear skidplate.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Skid plate? Diff plate?

Post by Mr Kleen »

I'm down for a rear dif plate.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

I am down...I want the thin 1/8" skid plate with cutouts and stinger tail along with the 1/8" diff cover for my '08 Foz.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Hey Will, you ever going to do headers?

I threw a list up on the first post of what people want.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Sabre wrote:Hey Will, you ever going to do headers?

I threw a list up on the first post of what people want.
Not sure but it won't be anytime soon b/c I will need a retune. Headers will sit in a nice box hiding their prettiness until I decide on something.

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

The reason I ask is if you are ever going to do headers, you're going to want to get the "header" version. It adds a couple of bucks.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Sabre wrote:The reason I ask is if you are ever going to do headers, you're going to want to get the "header" version. It adds a couple of bucks.
Where is that version? I didn't see that on the website.

EDIT: Nevermind...I see it under the WRX/STi for $18 option. I don't think it will be an issue with mine but can you ask if that is an option for the forester, too? If so, I will get that just in case :wink:...so add the stinger and aftermarket headers to mine...thanks!

complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Lemme crunch some numericals. I may very well be in for a plate.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Julian...what is this "Up Armor" option that you speak of?

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I just e-mailed him about your setup Will, I'll let you know what he says :)
UpArmor:
Add $15 to get our rear "Up Armor" that doubles the bottom thickness to a full 1/4" on the rear plate and adds up-turned front and rear lip to the rear diff cover (nice touch and beefy at low weight-under 2 lbs total!)
Colin: Sounds good, just let me know :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Sabre wrote:I just e-mailed him about your setup Will, I'll let you know what he says :)
UpArmor:
Add $15 to get our rear "Up Armor" that doubles the bottom thickness to a full 1/4" on the rear plate and adds up-turned front and rear lip to the rear diff cover (nice touch and beefy at low weight-under 2 lbs total!)
Colin: Sounds good, just let me know :)
Sure I will take up armor, too! :lol:

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Ok, added to your order. BTW, I heard back from Paul and he said you did need the header mod, even though it was not listed on the site.

BTW, since this is a group order, it looks like we're going to save quite a bit on shipping!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

So where are they all being shipped to and how much is shipping? Also, how much are we saving?

Mine looks to be $363 before discounts and shipping...is there tax, too?

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

We can have them shipped to my house and then I can give them out either at meets or a half way point. No tax as he's in OR.

lol, you need to reread my first post! The UpArmor thing and the savings are in it!
We do currently offer $20 off each plate for orders of 3-5 plates and $25 off orders of 6-9 plates.
He quotes shipped to my door for my order as $369.98. This doesn't include any discounts and the group shipping should drop that a good bit.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Sabre wrote:We can have them shipped to my house and then I can give them out either at meets or a half way point. No tax as he's in OR.

lol, you need to reread my first post! The UpArmor thing and the savings are in it!
He quotes shipped to my door for my order as $369.98. This doesn't include any discounts and the group shipping should drop that a good bit.
In regards to the shipping, would it save to have the group buy shipped to one address? I'd certainly be willing to cost-save that way.
colin

i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Sabre wrote:We can have them shipped to my house and then I can give them out either at meets or a half way point.
lol, you and Will need to read my posts! Yes, we would save a bunch if we ship to one address. I'm perfectly willing to take on that responsibility and Paul prefers that anyway since it makes it easier on him.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Hey, why don't we get a group buy together?

:leaving:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote:Hey, why don't we get a group buy together?
:leaving:
:moon: :moon: :violent: :violent:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
TRANS4M
Tricycle

Post by TRANS4M »

when is the deadline? I want to make sure I have a wrx before I buy parts for it :lol:
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

TRANS4M wrote:when is the deadline? I want to make sure I have a wrx before I buy parts for it :lol:
Hurry up already! :lol:

BTW, congrats on selling the S4...it was a very sweet ride and will be missed, though.
Last edited by sirwilliam on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Sabre wrote:
Sabre wrote:We can have them shipped to my house and then I can give them out either at meets or a half way point.
lol, you and Will need to read my posts! Yes, we would save a bunch if we ship to one address. I'm perfectly willing to take on that responsibility and Paul prefers that anyway since it makes it easier on him.
:oops: :crazy:
colin

i <3 teh 00ntz
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Sabre wrote:
I was a little confused on discount per plate...so if I got a front skid plate and rear diff plate that would be discount for each or discount total for order...but since it is the full armor kit which is already discounted so I didn't know how much discount for that...did that make sense?

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Yes :) Not sure, we'll find out. Let's just say the discount will be less than what we're looking at paying alone, haha.

TRANS4M: No real deadline. I'd like to get this ordered by next Wednesday if I could though.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
TRANS4M
Tricycle

Post by TRANS4M »

I dont think I'll be ready by then. Looks to be an awesome product though.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Placing order tomorrow. If anyone else wants in or wants to change their order, let me know ASAP.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI