KR-TFab Open for Business

Looking for a local dealer in parts? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Kyle@KR-TFab
I'm a n000b

KR-TFab Open for Business

Post by Kyle@KR-TFab »

Hey guys. A lot of you don't know who I am. My name is Kyle. (Some of the original members like Julian/Jason/Colin/etc probably remember me) Anyways, I sold my white STi a while back (there are picture of it in the gallery) in order to finish up my degree (Chemistry). I am currently attending GMU. Recently I started my own company (more of a "for hire" installer than anything else). I can do turbo installs (both stock as well as aftermarket), engine swaps, clutch swaps, just about whatever you need (Suby, Mitsu, Honda). Please feel free to visit my site KR-TFab.com for more info. PM or post a reply if you have any questions. Talk to you guys later. :D

Kyle R
KR-TFab.com
KR-TFab.com
AIM: Kyle W Ritchie
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

welcome back bro. long time no see/hear. this will prolly be a great biz idea. a lot of people get stuff and then don't have the time to put it on.
congrats and good luck on work and school.
Kyle@KR-TFab
I'm a n000b

Post by Kyle@KR-TFab »

Thanks. Hopefully I will be able to make it out to the next meet in the NoVa area. How's your STi doing?
KR-TFab.com
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

it's good. my rims got wrecked by some nasty pot holes. i just put the stockers back on. prolly looks the same as the last time you saw it.
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

Post by bludragontrboawd »

Hey Kyle! i dont know if you remember me, but i had the white Eagle Talon Awd back when DCAWD first came around as well.

so do you have an S2000? I have AP2, and i see that there is a turbo kit on of them. how much is a complete kit? and also, how much do you charge for an ACT clutch kit AND how much do you do the swap for? thanks...

Allan
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Kyle! Loooong time no see! Very cool to hear about this, I'm *positive* there's a good market for this kind of work. After seeing all the toys you had built I've got no doubts regarding your mechanical work.

<-- misses the 'teg with an atmospheric dump

8)
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

Colin! dude i still cant get over your lil dude humping man hahahaha
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Kyle! LTNS! You still keep up with Bryan? Great business idea, good luck with it!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Kyle@KR-TFab
I'm a n000b

Post by Kyle@KR-TFab »

Allan--PM sent!

Colin--Yeah, I miss the integra with open dump/open downpipe as well. It just wasn't very practical for a street driven car. The Talon that's on my webpage that I built is running open downpipe/open dump as well (It sounds amazing)

Julian--Yeah, Brian recently sold his Ej20g swapped 00 RS and bought an 07 Impreza 2.5i. I hope to make it to one of the next meets. See you guys soon!
KR-TFab.com
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

PM reply sent.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

WOW! BEST PRICE I BEEN QUOTED SO FAR FOR THE CLUTCH SWAP ON THE S2000!

i think i just found my Go to man! puhahahaha
Kyle@KR-TFab
I'm a n000b

Post by Kyle@KR-TFab »

All PM's replied. :D
KR-TFab.com
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Replied to reply PM. :wink:

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Replied to PM.

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Well, I was planning on giving you some business and hiring you for work but haven't heard back from you at all since this past Friday. Tried calling and left a message but no response either. Even the planned day of work (today), you didn't call me or get in touch. Not sure if you are dead on the side of the road (I hope not) but if you want my business you need to get in touch w/ me today.

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Will, give him some time. As with any business, you can't always expect an answer ASAP. Did you work over the weekend? Why would expect him to? It's a business, not brothel :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Sabre wrote:Will, give him some time. As with any business, you can't always expect an answer ASAP. Did you work over the weekend? Why would expect him to? It's a business, not brothel :)
Actually, I did work a little this weekend by remote log in connection...gotta love the Iconnect...but no, we had already talked w/ multiple PMs and planned for today (Monday) for the install. I ended up being under the weather so I stayed home this weekend. I shot him a PM saying that I would be here this weekend if he wanted to do the install sooner (if that would be easier for him and if he needed some money sooner since he is starting a new business). He sent me a PM back on Friday saying he could do it Saturday and what time to come over. I sent him a PM back on Friday saying time, location, and phone numbers. Never heard back from him. Saturday came. I waited around in the morning to hear from him but nothing. I even called and left a message but nothing. I sent another PM Saturday but didn't hear anything. So I said no problem b/c we had already planned officially for Monday so I thought that would go through. Never heard back from him this AM so I sent another PM. I am just trying to help him get some business. My problem is my schedule (which you know) and I need to know when I getting the springs on so I can schedule an alignment (which becomes complicated b/c of the location of the places that do them) so that I am not driving around on a suspension that could cause problems w/ safety. Maybe he was tied up but I would have expected at least a message back. Is that asking too much? I don't think so and I am not trying to blow this out of proportion like I unfortunately did w/ PTuning...maybe my tiredness and excruciating headache is causing me to not think clearly, then I appologize but please point it out if so....

bludragontrboawd
DCAWD Groupie

:(

hope everything works out ok with your situation.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Sorry to hear the full story, hopefully Kyle gets back to you since you seem justified in a response from him.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

Ive been stalking this thread and am just amazed. So no calls back, no voice messages, no PM's, no nada. I would be really pissed. Especially since you guys had a date set for Monday. I hope this guys has a good excuse.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

4 days w/ no response. I really hope this guy is not in the hospital or dead on the side of the road.

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Me too. I am going to Red Line HPDE now and don't have time to get the car all looked over.

If nothing comes from him after a couple of days, I'll need to trailer the car down to P-Tuning
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Well, day 5 w/o hearing anything. Looks like my business is going to VIP Garage which works out b/c they are only 8 minutes from my work and can do alignments.

Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

So Will, is the FXT sitting like a 4x4 pick up still? How did all this end up working out?
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Bluestreak2006 wrote:So Will, is the FXT sitting like a 4x4 pick up still? How did all this end up working out?
Well, never heard back from Kyle. Talked w/ VIP about install and alignment so whenever I get around to putting my 20mm solid RSB w/ larger mounts, lateral link weldment supports and rear KB endlinks first...