*SOLD* 2005 BMW F650GS Dakar

Want to sell something to a local? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

captainslow
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

*SOLD* 2005 BMW F650GS Dakar

Post by captainslow »

Hi all - I'm selling my bike! I'm asking $4800 for it.

The deets:

This is a really nice dual sport bike and the F650GS is widely considered to be one of the smoothest single cylinder bikes ever made. While not made anymore, the Dakar is akin to the currently manufactured G650GS Sertao. This Dakar is a dual spark model and currently has 12,749 miles. It comes with heated grips, ABS (can be turned off), a power outlet, and a BMW top case. It also has wire spoked rims - 21 inches in front (great for off-pavement riding) and 17 inches rear. It just had the 12,000 mile service done and is wearing a new pair of Michelin T63 knobby tires and new tubes.

Mods:
SW-Motech crash bars
Barkbuster handguards
Handlebar risers
PivotPegz
Givi monokey side racks
Isotta medium height windscreen (huge improvement over stock for wind buffeting)
Ricor Intiminators fork valves
Happy Trail fork brace
Scorpion YT12CL 12v AGM battery

Note - this bike has been lowered 1 inch with Koubalinks and it also wears the Wunderlich low seat. The seat height is about 31 inches. At the height it is at now, it's great for the inseam challenged or those who aren't used to riding tall bikes. I will give you the stock links that will raise the bike up an inch. If you prefer it taller, the stock Dakar seat can easily be found in the classifieds. It will raise the seat height back to 34 inches. I guarantee that it will be very easy to sell the Wunderlich low seat if you prefer a taller bike.

This bike sips 87 octane gas and is blast on fire roads, dirt and gravel, as well as on I-95. It'll handle anything you throw at it. It's easy to ride and won't try to kill you, so it's a good bike for beginner riders as well.

This Dakar is in good condition. It has been ridden as a dual sport bike should, but hasn't been abused, and is kept in a garage. It's very reliable and has been very good to me, so I want it to go to a good home.

In addition to the bike, the buyer will also receive the BMW top case, a cover, a bottle of 5wt fork oil (for the Intiminators), a Haynes manual, and if he/she wants them, a set of Metzeler Tourance tires with about 6,800 miles on them.

I'm not interested in parting out the bike or in trades. Send a PM if you have any questions. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by captainslow on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GaToR
DCAWD Groupie

Re: 2005 BMW F650GS Dakar

Post by GaToR »

If I weren't thinking about trading my dual-sport for a true off-road bike (like a YZ something or other) then this would be extraordinarily tempting.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Hey Leigh, you didn't mention the snaziest mod of all - the paper shop towel dispenser over the license plate!
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
captainslow

Post by captainslow »

I failed to mention it, but the bike sold anyway today. 8)

Gator - what do you ride? I didn't know there were other DS riders on dcawd.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: *SOLD* 2005 BMW F650GS Dakar

Post by ElZorro »

glad it sold so quick!
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
captainslow

Post by captainslow »

Me too. :nana:
GaToR
DCAWD Groupie

Post by GaToR »

Blixa wrote:I failed to mention it, but the bike sold anyway today. 8)

Gator - what do you ride? I didn't know there were other DS riders on dcawd.
Kawa KLX250S. I'm a lurker now, currently living in Ill-annoy (IL), which is why you haven't seen it.

Your bike did seem like a good deal, so I crept out from under my rock to say so. I'm sure someone will enjoy it.
captainslow

Post by captainslow »

The KLX is a sweet bike! So light. I bet it goes like hell in the rough stuff. 8)
GaToR
DCAWD Groupie

Post by GaToR »

Suspension-wise it is fantastic. Its the perfect 'potholed, dirt road' bike.

But I go to proper ATV trails, and the gearing on it is too high to pick up the front end, climb steep grades, or cut it around tight corners.

I'm thinking about swapping for a dedicated MXer. Weight is perfect, but needs more acceleration, less road speed to be effective. My friends ride offroad only, so in order to do group anything, Im gonna prioritize that and worry about the convenience of street or dual down the road.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Sounds like you're coming down with a case of MBS...
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

ElZorro wrote:Sounds like you're coming down with a case of MBS...
Gotta collect 'em all!
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

nice bike! I had its predecessor, the best bike BMW never built (the Aprilia made F650 Classic aka "Funduro) w/ twin spark Rotax thumper
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)