BMW parts: N55 JB4 + DP $450 shipped

Want to sell something to a local? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

BMW parts: N55 JB4 + DP $450 shipped

Post by Mr Kleen »

For Sale: N55 Berk DP, gaskets, bolts, and a JB4 w/ISO mod and latest firmware, USB interface cable and a handy laminated menu chart that fits in the glove box.

$450 shipped CONUS

Pix available upon request.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: BMW parts: N55 JB4 + DP $450 shipped

Post by Mr Kleen »

SOLD

More parts coming soon, but I probably won't post them here. Not a lot of BMW traffic. :wink:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

EXPLAIN!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Occasionally the JB4 decides to constantly cycle the electric water pump. This causes the battery to be depleted if the car is parked for more than 8 or 9 hours. No one knows why it happens, only happens to a few cars, but mine was one. :( There was no precipitating event: no firmware updates to the JB4 and no DME updates to the BMW. Just one day I went out to the car and had a "high battery discharge" error on the iDrive. The next day the car wouldn't start without a jump.

So I sold the JB4. With my inability to find an exhaust that sounded even decent with the catless DP and the real possibility of needing to pass DC emissions by the end of this year I decided to just uninstall the DP as well. The only other option would be an $895 Cobb Accessport, and it still wouldn't sound good or pass emissions.

It's sold, BTW.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Ok, so what's the plan?
M235, M3/4, Mercedes AMG A45, S3?
Or are you keeping the 335, just going another direction?
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

drwrx wrote:Ok, so what's the plan?
M235, M3/4, Mercedes AMG A45, S3?
Or are you keeping the 335, just going another direction?
If I had a 335 I'd keep it. :wink: The two reasons I'm thinking about selling/trading the car is that it's a 135 (too small), and I'm just not enjoying the DCT.

I'm really not sure what to do, there's no car that I can afford that really sets me on fire. The M235 is too small. The M3 is too expensive. The A45 sedan looks like it's melted in the sun and doesn't offer a manual. The S3 is expensive and doesn't offer a manual. The Mini Cooper's interior is a sin against the laws of men and the gods alike. The new WRX is ugly and it's electronics (Navi and such) are complete crap. If only I could go back in time and change my original order...

Another consideration is that I'll probably end up in the DC area in a year or two and I'll have to pay personal property taxes on whatever I do get.
Raven
Mr. Underpowered or something

Post by Raven »

We have 335s here, a lot are stick shift. Even come in X-drive for total sure-footed-ness
Mr Kleen wrote:The Mini Cooper's interior is a sin against the laws of men and the gods alike.
This a thousand times, I hear they drive great, but I could never get past the interior. You have to look at that mess of switches and metal looking plastic everyday. I had the same issue with the FIAT 500, stupid interior, and it didn't drive that interesting, and it was really a 2 seater, and too expensive considering those things. The FIAT 500 just wasn't very good. But I don't think you're really interested in a car with around 100 hp anyway.
All my cars have drum brakes and are sub 200 hp, what am I doing with my life?
2013 Mazda 2
1994 Chevy S10 pickup
1985 Chevy Caprice (no fuel system)
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

The Mini's are great driving cars. I drove a JCW Mini and the exhaust was crazy! It popped and crackled like mad. If it wasn't for that horrendous interior I'd probably buy one of them.

I like the 500's interior but it's just not at all what I'm looking for.
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Mr Kleen wrote:Another consideration is that I'll probably end up in the DC area in a year or two and I'll have to pay personal property taxes on whatever I do get.
Unless you're in Maryland...

--Alan
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Is there a Euro-only-Spec car that you would just love to have while your there? (Lotus perhaps or a manual diesel wagon)
One that you could sell when you leave? Then buy another car when you return stateside.
I know it's impractical to buy and sell there, but is there any compelling reason to bring the car back, beyond the fact that you like it and it's paid off?
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Odds are NoVA or DC, but I guess anything is possible.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

drwrx wrote:Is there a Euro-only-Spec car that you would just love to have while your there? (Lotus perhaps or a manual diesel wagon)
One that you could sell when you leave? Then buy another car when you return stateside.
I know it's impractical to buy and sell there, but is there any compelling reason to bring the car back, beyond the fact that you like it and it's paid off?
It's a huge PITA to buy a car on the economy and once it's in the "American" system you stop paying German taxes but if you want to sell it back to a German they're responsible for paying all of the back taxes a German would have paid. So then you either reduce the price to offset the taxes (effectively paying the taxes you didn't have to pay) or you take a bath on it selling it to an American that knows the spot you're in. If it was like the "good old days" and people got to stay for 20 years it wouldn't be a problem. But that's a lot of hassle for 2 years or less.

The compelling reason to bring a car back it that that I'd be 2 years closer to paying it off, and if I end up someplace where I have to pay personal property taxes the car would have 2 years of depreciation.

There are no Subaru or Mazda dealers that will sell me a US Spec car so I'm stuck with BMW, Mini, MB, Audi, VA, Ford, Chevy, Cadillac and Porsche. I'd like to test drive a Focus ST sometime but they don't keep much inventory on the lot here.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

And I'm not complaining, just trying to explain the constraints I have. :wink:
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Mr Kleen wrote:And I'm not complaining, just trying to explain the constraints I have.
I completely understand. And I'm with you about the hassle factor. In the same spot, I would probably do likewise.
Is an S4 wagon a possibility?
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

If it were I would have one right now. :|
Raven
Mr. Underpowered or something

Post by Raven »

I drove my friend's Focus ST, that car is fantastic. Given how much better than the regular Focus the ST is, I'd also say a Fiesta ST is fantastic sight unseen.
All my cars have drum brakes and are sub 200 hp, what am I doing with my life?
2013 Mazda 2
1994 Chevy S10 pickup
1985 Chevy Caprice (no fuel system)
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

The official M3/4 price list finally came out and instead of being a few grand less than the estimated price list from a few weeks ago it's actually a few grand MORE. This does not help me justify. At all.
I'm thinking about buying a hoopty 1994 735i and a Miata. :crazy: