To one step colder or not to one step colder?

UTEC/Hydra/MOTEC? STi, WRX, EVO, Legacy, R32? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

To one step colder or not to one step colder?

Post by sirwilliam »

That is the question.

I will eventually be throwing on my TD0518G w/ an aftermarket EBCS and Walboro fuel pump. I will be utilizing the stock injectors (just b/c I heard swapping them out is a royal PITA for MY2008). You think I should swap in some new one step colder plugs before the tune? I know it will give a little head room for tuning...what do you(S) think? I will be running my turbo at a conservative ~16psi of boost so I am not pushing it to be a dyno queen, just want some decent power increase and keep it reliable/cool as much as possible. And I would have to replace the one-step colder plugs more often, right?
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: To one step colder or not to one step colder?

Post by zaxrex »

if you are doing it, then yes. If you are paying some retread to do it, then no.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

zaxrex wrote:if you are doing it, then yes. If you are paying some retread to do it, then no.
Well, shoot...I was going to pay some seriously retarded (I think that is what you meant) guy to change out the plugs. :lol:

Thanks.

The closer I get to getting ready for the swap/tune, the more money I realize I need to shell out and the larger my "Parts to go on" pile gets. It will be worth it in the end...and relief, too. Stage 1 is just a temporary tiny band-aid on a gushing wound. :wink:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

sirwilliam wrote:The closer I get to getting ready for the swap/tune, the more money I realize I need to shell out and the larger my "Parts to go on" pile gets. It will be worth it in the end...and relief, too. Stage 1 is just a temporary tiny band-aid on a gushing wound. :wink:
Boy, do I know that feeling!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

sirwilliam wrote:Stage 1 is just a temporary tiny band-aid on a gushing wound. :wink:
sitting atop the stage 2 perch, i would agree.
-Ben
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Well, since I am almost at 30k miles on my '08, I decided to pick up a set of NGK LFR7AIX (one step colder) plugs. I google'd and found a 10% off code from an SRT forum :lol:

Also, here is some good info on spark plugs from the NGK site: LINKY
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer