Opensource Gurus! Question

UTEC/Hydra/MOTEC? STi, WRX, EVO, Legacy, R32? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member
Posts: 21386
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Springfield, VA
Contact:

Re: Opensource Gurus! Question

Post by Sabre » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:41 pm

Oh dear god, I need to get you my logging profile. You're logging way too many parameters, so there isn't as much detail as I like.

That being said...
That timing doesn't seem too far off. They will probably lower it to be safe though. A ProTune will definitely help you out. I'm surprised Phil said that! You could definitely be getting better spool too.
Sabre (Julian)
Image
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.

User avatar
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member
Posts: 4316
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:00 pm

Re: Opensource Gurus! Question

Post by drwrx » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:48 pm

If he's going to agile automotive he is talking about "Hill" not "Phil."

User avatar
FreddyG
Bicycle
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: Opensource Gurus! Question

Post by FreddyG » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:52 pm

drwrx wrote:If he's going to agile automotive he is talking about "Hill" not "Phil."
I was looking at getting tuned by phil at element tuning but he basically said he doesn't want to touch the car in fear of my car blowing itself up while he's tuning it.... Since he wont that leaves no opensource tuners except for one in NJ that is very inconsistent to get a hold of. That's why I'm getting an accessport so I can get tuned by Hill at Agile. I'm making him my tuner. I have a buddy that uses him with a similar setup on his 2011 wrx and has really good results. Only difference is he's E85 pushing 344whp and 399wtq on the stock turbo :nana: I'll get there once I get the money for bigger injectors and a better clutch.
"If you see a bomb technician running, follow him."
- USAF Ammo Troop

User avatar
FreddyG
Bicycle
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: Opensource Gurus! Question

Post by FreddyG » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:53 pm

Sabre wrote:Oh dear god, I need to get you my logging profile. You're logging way too many parameters, so there isn't as much detail as I like.

That being said...
That timing doesn't seem too far off. They will probably lower it to be safe though. A ProTune will definitely help you out. I'm surprised Phil said that! You could definitely be getting better spool too.
I log what Eric at TP tells me to log. I'll probably lose power per what Hill said but it will be safer and I'm all about safe since it's my DD.
"If you see a bomb technician running, follow him."
- USAF Ammo Troop

User avatar
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member
Posts: 21386
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Springfield, VA
Contact:

Re: Opensource Gurus! Question

Post by Sabre » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:37 pm

FreddyG wrote:
Sabre wrote:Oh dear god, I need to get you my logging profile. You're logging way too many parameters, so there isn't as much detail as I like.

That being said...
That timing doesn't seem too far off. They will probably lower it to be safe though. A ProTune will definitely help you out. I'm surprised Phil said that! You could definitely be getting better spool too.
I log what Eric at TP tells me to log. I'll probably lose power per what Hill said but it will be safer and I'm all about safe since it's my DD.
Yep! A good tuner might be able to minimize that though :)
Sabre (Julian)
Image
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.

Post Reply