CarTrip will connect your iOS device and your automobile

UTEC/Hydra/MOTEC? STi, WRX, EVO, Legacy, R32? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

TUAW wrote:Griffin kicked off CES with a bang today by introducing several new products including the new CarTrip hardware and CleanDrive app for iOS or Android.

CarTrip is a Bluetooth-enabled monitor that plugs into your car's OBD-II port and compiles the data logged by the car's onboard computer. Data accessible to the Griffin device includes car acceleration, top speed, fuel consumption and diagnostic codes. The module can store this information to an external SD card using the built-in SD card port, or you can access the data directly using your phone or iPod touch/iPad and Griffin's CleanDrive application.

The CleanDrive application reads and analyzes the data provided from your car. Both individual trip and long-term data helps you analyze the fuel efficiency of your car and troubleshoot that annoying and often mysterious "check engine" light. The application requires an iPhone, iPad or fourth generation iPod touch with iOS 4.0 or later, while the Bluetooth module requires a 1996 or newer car that contains an OBD-II compliant system.

The CarTrip Bluetooth module will be available in Q1 2011 for US$89.99 from Griffin's website. The free, companion CleanDrive app will debut in Q1 2011 for iOS and Q2 for Android. Anyone interested in a personal OBD-II monitoring system?
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: CarTrip will connect your iOS device and your automobile

Post by complacent »

that's pretty slick.

i'd love to see them incorporate two-way communication with the OBDII system.

i think it would be pretty swank to flash roms/reset codes/etc all from your phone.

...it might be a little hard to look at fuel/boost/timing maps on that little screen though. :lol:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

complacent wrote:...it might be a little hard to look at fuel/boost/timing maps on that little screen though. :lol:
the iPad runs iOS :mrgreen:
schvin
DCAWD Groupie

Post by schvin »

sweet!
2004 impreza outback
1964 beetle
thermatico
Yugo owner

Post by thermatico »

I've got to get one of these things. It's freaking awesome.