Moderator: Moderators

409industries
I'm a n000b

Project Rally RS – Episode 2 – HID Lights

Post by 409industries »

Title: Project Rally RS – Episode 2 – HID Lights
Runtime: 3:29
Release Date: 4/2/08

The Project Rally RS saga continues, and in this episode we document the installation of six 4” Fuego HID lights (Soltek Light Systems / Baja Designs). These lights will be used to improve visibility on those dark night stages. The entire installation was custom, from having machined aluminum brackets from Jackson Rally to hold the wide cornering HID’s in the OEM fog light positions, to designing and wiring all the electrical components.

Each light contains its own internal ballast and weighs in at a mere 3.5 lbs. Four of these lights are attached to our custom Jackson Rally GC light bar, these particular Fuegos feature “Driving” lenses for superior beam penetration into the darkest night roads. Fitted into the stock fog light positions is two more Fuego lights, these feature “wide cornering” lenses for a broader field of vision. This should be helpful when sliding through corners on the loose stuff.

The electrical components were tricky, but nothing that can’t be handled by someone with minimal understanding of relays and fuses. The 3 universal relays are mounted in a splash-proof Hella relay block, which is fed by a splash-proof ATC fuse block using 30A fuses. Both of these boxes have been mounted to the inside of the engine compartment. The relays are controlled by 3 toggle switches in the cabin which are tied into the factory high-beam switch to be NASA compliant (Article 3.2.1.1 Section 4). The light output from this system is truly awesome!

If you want to learn more about the DirtyImpreza.com Project Rally RS check out our journal here

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

BEAUTIFUL job there! Make sure to take video on your next night stage!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
409industries
I'm a n000b

Post by 409industries »

I definitely can not wait to get out in the dirt at night now! Ill keep ya posted!
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Now that's a beaut of a scoob.

bravo.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

so

awesome
-Ben
409industries
I'm a n000b

Post by 409industries »

More to come! The RS leaves for the fabrication shop tomorrow ;)
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)