windshield sprayers/ ground kit

What does this red wire do? Zzzzzt Oops

Moderator: Moderators

tuswm
I'm a n000b

windshield sprayers/ ground kit

Post by tuswm »

I put on a ground kit and i lost fuel tank meter/ didnt start on the first try/ IC spray didnt work/ felt like i lost 50-100 HP and the windshield sprayers didnt work. they would just trickle out of shoot over the car. so i took off the ground kit and the problems all went away exept for the windshield sprayers. since i have only had my car for a whole 20 days i dont think i even used the sprayers before i put on the ground kit.

Any ideas?
05 STI blue gold wheels and a hitch for my bike
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Wow, that's a bummer. I didn't have any problems at all with my grounding kit. It almost sounds like you had a short that damaged the sprayer motor.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
tuswm
I'm a n000b

Post by tuswm »

Some of the times it works fine other times it doesnt work other times it washes the cars winsield behind me. I dont think it can be the motor if it car shoot 15 feet.

also if i go and tugg on the ground cable where it is conected to the terminl sometimes that will make a difference. I think i will mention this at my next oil change yay warrenty.!!! (never had a new car b4)
hotsam
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by hotsam »

Yup, sounds like a bad ground. Take a quick look around and see if there are any obvious problems (damaged wires).
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: windshield sprayers/ ground kit

Post by Sabre »

tuswm wrote:I put on a ground kit and i lost fuel tank meter/ didnt start on the first try/ IC spray didnt work/ felt like i lost 50-100 HP and the windshield sprayers didnt work. they would just trickle out of shoot over the car. so i took off the ground kit and the problems all went away exept for the windshield sprayers. since i have only had my car for a whole 20 days i dont think i even used the sprayers before i put on the ground kit.
Any ideas?
Hey there :)
I remember you mentioned this last night. That is very strange, I have to admit. Who made the grounding kit? I would definitely keep it off and bring it up at your next servicing. Let them fix the problems, then bring the grounding kit to our next install fest, we'll make sure everything is kosher :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
tuswm
I'm a n000b

Post by tuswm »

After a reinstall of the ground kit everything seemed to be running find except the windshield wiper sprayer.

So I took it off.

It still didn’t work the sprayer

I found the problem was unrelated. The rubber hose was being pinched by the hood!

:oops:
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

I have that problem every once in awhile with the rear gate on the Forester. :)
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

tuswm wrote: I found the problem was unrelated. The rubber hose was being pinched by the hood! :oops:
lol, glad you found the problem! Every one has moments like that ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.