Beep...Beep.... BOOM

What does this red wire do? Zzzzzt Oops

Moderator: Moderators

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Beep...Beep.... BOOM

Post by Cereb Daithi »

I am of course referring to the (in)famous subaru "beep-beep i'm a bomb" door-lock/security system. Apart from the fact that for the first year of owning the car I would make a *pkkkkhhhuuuu* sound like a bomb going off every time I would unlock the doors... I have noticed something else. As of late my "beep-beep" has started to sound a bit under the weather. I had turned it off for a bit because I was tired of hearing it... but after about a week of silence I missed it and turned it back on. That is when I started to notice it.

Most of the time it beeps fine. However sometimes it sounds like it has a cold or something. I have had it happen on several occasions where the beeps are a bit fuzzy and distorted and a bit off-key. I laugh because I half expect to hear a light cough followed by a wheeze on those occasions. (I'm tempted to pat the car on the roof and go "there there it's ok") Other times I will get out of the car and lock it and it will just flash with no sound at all. Prime example of this is... I got to my friends house. Locked it. No beep. Unlocked it. No beep. Locked it back up and went inside for 3 hours. Came back out. Unlocked it. Beep beep.

I really dont care about fixing this "problem". it's more of just curiosity. Anyone else have this problem?
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

antibiotic resistant TB???
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I actually have the same problem... haven't spent the time to investigate it though... Maybe one of these days, haha...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

superaids
-Ben