2006 Forester and Impreza Airbag Recall...

What does this red wire do? Zzzzzt Oops

Moderator: Moderators

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

2006 Forester and Impreza Airbag Recall...

Post by sirwilliam »

Not sure if this is a repost...just thought I would share:
Subaru is recalling 7,004 MY 2006 Forester and Impreza vehicles. The wiring harness for the air bag occupant detection system in the front passenger seat may have been pinched during production. Pinching of the wiring harness between the floor crossmember and the seat mounting bracket could result in an electrical short in the passenger's front air bag. This could cause the air bag to become disabled and may not deploy in the event of a crash increasing the risk of injury to the seat occupant. Also an electrical short circuit could cause a fire. Dealers will inspect to see if the wiring had been incorrectly routed under the seat bracket. If so, the dealer will repair any damaged wiring, reroute and secure the wiring harness in the correct location, and re-calibrate the occupant detection system as necessary. The recall is expected to begin on or about March 5, 2007. 07V-043
PDF FILE
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Thanks for posting Will!!!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

You have made a good contribution. This and your Forester review vid, noice.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears