Ground Kit, for STI. Questions

What does this red wire do? Zzzzzt Oops

Moderator: Moderators

Tom Sullivan
I'm a n000b

Ground Kit, for STI. Questions

Post by Tom Sullivan »

Hey everyone.

I have been reading about the ground kit mod that people have been putting on their suby's

I decided to install my own homebaked system (i have car audio experience) and save myself 150 dollars.

Things I noticed on my 05 STI after install:

1. Surge at 4-5k rpm range was definately toned down, and im experiencing smoother excelleration under higher rpm load.

2. The rev of the vehicle is much smoother on the uptake and downtake.

3. Its changed my car alot from when i bought it and am not sure if i am liking it or not yet. Maybe im just used to my car the way it was, and this is a little different so I have to get used to it.
---------------------

And on a side note: Can someone who has this mod on their STI please send me some pics and or a guide as to where you placed your ground points? I could use detailed pics and install guide so as to see how far off I am from what i should be.
2005 WR Blue WRX STI, Gold BBS Rims (with Curb rash...arghh!!!)
Ground Wire Mod (custom baby!!!)
K&N typhoon Shorty Intake
Cusco Sway Bars and Front Strut Brace
Pe
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Hey there :)
Welcome to the boards! I have the StaticX Grounding kit (59$ at the time I bought it IIRC). It's a great grounding kit that is really well made.... that being said, I can probably help you with your mount locations. I see that you are coming to the meet tonight, so I'll pop the hood for you to take a looky :) Here is a pic(from our gallery) that should help you in the mean time :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
AJ711
Bicycle

Post by AJ711 »

Did you reset the ECU in the process of installing the mod? Sometimes that has a larger effect than adding extra grounding wires. Give it a week or two and see how things feel.

You might find that upgrading the Big 3 to be a better idea for things. Google that and you'll find plenty of answers, and I believe there was a thread or 2 about it @ NASIOC.

AJ
Cage: '98 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, caged Uncaged: '05 Suzuki SV650S
'03 Forester XS, Team Grocery Getter
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

I have the same kit (StaticX) installed in my Forester. AJ's point about the ECU reset is probably what is going on. Every time you disconnect the battery you will find the car behaves different. In the Forester (combined with my driving style) it is very noticeable. I do an ECU reset and the car feels slow. A couple weeks later and it has relearned my driving style and feels much quicker.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
WANGAN_X
DCAWD Groupie

Post by WANGAN_X »

well i have an 8 pt in my evo

1. tranny
2. frame
3. intake mani
4. dust cover
5. frame