boost gauge install

What does this red wire do? Zzzzzt Oops

Moderator: Moderators

04blksti
I'm a n000b

boost gauge install

Post by 04blksti »

I guess that im just a retard and cannot find anywhere online where there are installs with pics to install an autometer boost gauge.
#1 i dont know where the vacume line is (unless its the one that hooks to my BOV)
#2 dont know where to tap in for the light since im installing the autometer gauge cup ontop of the steering column
#3 how to take the top piece of my steering column off because there are those 2 plastic rod things that the screw attaches to underneith.

sorry if i sound like an idiot but this is one of my first mods.
thanks - danny

BTW-2004 sti
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

You should always first check www.scoobymods.com for installation instructions :wink:

Here is the exact link on the forum: LINKY.
Last edited by sirwilliam on Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

#2, for lighting of my gauge, I tapped into the fog light switch. iirc positive is purple with a white strip.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: boost gauge install

Post by Sabre »

04blksti wrote:I guess that im just a retard and cannot find anywhere online where there are installs with pics to install an autometer boost gauge.
#1 i dont know where the vacume line is (unless its the one that hooks to my BOV) You got it :) It's the little hose coming off the BOV
#2 dont know where to tap in for the light since im installing the autometer gauge cup ontop of the steering column Like Adam mentioned, the easiest spot is the fog light switch. Even if you don't have fog lights, the wires are still there
#3 how to take the top piece of my steering column off because there are those 2 plastic rod things that the screw attaches to underneith. Not sure, I had a bezel :(

sorry if i sound like an idiot but this is one of my first mods.
thanks - danny We were all there at one point, no worries! There are no stupid questions except those not asked...

BTW-2004 sti
Answers inline :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

sirwilliam wrote: Here is the exact link on the forum: LINKY.
Hello?
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

i mounted my boost gauge on the steering column similar to the stock placement. getting the top column trim panel off is a huge PITA. put the tilt wheel all the way down to free up as much room as possible, and be very careful or you'll break the mounting points.