Oil pressure Gauge

What does this red wire do? Zzzzzt Oops

Moderator: Moderators

DamSedan
I walk to work

Oil pressure Gauge

Post by DamSedan »

Hey,
I have this groovy Greddy Oil Pressure sensor addapter plate (sadwhich style) that goes between the block and filter. Only thing is that Maestro and I have taken a look at this are, he actually tried to install it but to no avail. I mean we can get it on there but can not see to locate a place that will allow the sensor to screw in without hitting something. There just does not seem to be enough clearance around it or you need some sort of right angle sensor if you will.

So, I am sure that some of you guys have this gauge in your car. The question is where did you tap into? How did you do it? Where can I get the parts?

I heard that there is some bolt on the back of the motor under the tmic somewhere but really do not know for sure. Please post if you have any info. I would much rather use the Greddy part as it is simple and cost me $70!
I will always be the DRNWAGN!
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

is it the type-b adapter?
DamSedan
I walk to work

Post by DamSedan »

I will have to check to see what the packaging says. I had a guy at Import Pro source it for me. It was the only one that we could find in the Greddy catalog. The oil pressure gauge instructions referenced it so we went searching.
I will always be the DRNWAGN!
herecomesboost
I'm a n000b

Post by herecomesboost »

best place would be on the galley plug. get an adapter (i believe subaru sells them). you will need to remove your TMIC to get to it. it will be located to the left and down from the throttle body (if you are facing the engine from the front of the car).

Kyle R
01 S2000
--Espelir Springs
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

good call on the galley plug. that would make it much easier... probably cheaper as well.

colin
herecomesboost
I'm a n000b

Post by herecomesboost »

ha, colin i love your avatar.

Kyle R
01 S2000
--Espelir Springs